• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hethas' Gambit: Game of Death discussion [rnd 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasong

First Post
Jeremy: How did I know you were Luo?

He needed nerfing - has anyone other than Rpomani even given him pause? ;)

-seasong

seasong

First Post
I dearly want to play in the Proving Grounds, but I just don't have the time to build the character right now.

But I will. Oh, yes indeed, I will ;).

Jeremy

Explorer
If you say so. Milo, Oskar, Kili, Atherias, and Rpomani all nearly beat him. All but Oskar required pretty extensive tactics between posts and a lot of thought. And Iuchi handed him his ass on a platter. Beat him in everything he's good at. Init, attack rolls, damage, ride skill, range. And no offense to Iuchi or DMwaV who are the main reason I'm still over there, but Iuchi didn't get nerfed, Iuchi is now employing bits of Luo's build.

So it couldn't have been that bad. Ugh. Touchy subject for me right now. The editing of my character sheet for me without my knowledge or permission because I was doing well within the established rules of the game angered me.

Well that and the fact excelling within the established rules is not the objective, strong legal builds and effective tactics with the goal of victory in battle is not the objective; the objective is to rock the boat as little as possible, fit the mold, and take what scraps you are allowed.

Lose and everything is hunky dorie. Win and you are unbalanced, in need of nerfing, the rules that you generated your character around that were approved will be altered so that others can profit by them and you will be forbidden them, and after everyone is done figuring out precisely what the best parts of your build are either by asking repeatedly or posting over here, they will then deride you character while adopting his strengths into their own.

Yeah. That's got my goat. Don't do too well. It's not fair to use the approved rules in a creative manner to win.

Ah never mind. This isn't even a good rant that is blowing off steam. It's just a bunch of wasted time and a side track to further delay this game. It's not like it'll ever change. Whoever excels at anything will always be pulled back down.

seasong

First Post
Jeremy said:
If you say so. Milo, Oskar, Kili, Atherias, and Rpomani all nearly beat him.
Actually, I spoke without having checked those boards for several days. Apologies for that - at the point that I'd read up to, you'd made a first round mess of everyone you'd fought, except Rpomani, who managed to hold you off for precious seconds before you kicked his butt ;).

So it couldn't have been that bad. Ugh. Touchy subject for me right now. The editing of my character sheet for me without my knowledge or permission because I was doing well within the established rules of the game angered me.
Wasn't aware of this, either. Rpomani hasn't been nerfed, and I think he should be, so I thought strong builds were encouraged (the fact that I can't play him to save my life should not be taken to mean that the build is not broken).

On the other hand... stand proud :). Skimming the past few days, it looks like folks from Hethas' Gambit (and you in particular) have managed to approximately double the number of fight-specific house rules, and that's not counting the older house rules which were modified because of you :eek:.

Damn kids ;).

seasong

First Post
Also, hoping to have time this afternoon. I may not get everyone's emails out, but I should get some of them, and tomorrow morning the office will be empty, so I should have some time to finish then.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Jeremy, if it means anything, I read your post with rapt attention, and am glad you got across your frustration.
As I mentioned in our email, it certainly cements my decision not to bother with Valhalla.

seasong

First Post
Quick note: got out Number47, reapersaurus, Saepiroth, JDragon, Jeremy. Y'all let me know if you did or didn't get it.

I'll try to get the rest out at lunch.

-seasong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads