• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hide armor expertise

ki11erDM

Explorer

As applied to a barbarian. Broken? Feat Tax?
In my limited play experience with a barbarian it seems to have taken it from almost unplayable to ‘holy cow’… thus the question.
(I would also note that I am ok with feat taxes)

Dice4Hire

First Post
I would probably ban it in my games. Adding con to AC should be a class feature, a tradeoff with other powerful class features, not a simple feat that really allows some min-maxing

If 80-100% of the CO builds are using something, it deserves a very very close look at.

lukelightning

First Post
I would probably ban it in my games. Adding con to AC should be a class feature, a tradeoff with other powerful class features, not a simple feat that really allows some min-maxing

If 80-100% of the CO builds are using something, it deserves a very very close look at.

So you ban ranger's twin strike?

Mengu

First Post
It should have been a class feature for barbarians to add Con/Cha to AC, instead of Barbarian Agility, and the feat would never be needed, and no one would have complained from the start about any AC issues with the barbarian.

lukelightning

First Post
It should have been a class feature for barbarians to add Con/Cha to AC, instead of Barbarian Agility, and the feat would never be needed, and no one would have complained from the start about any AC issues with the barbarian.

So it's a stealth-errata with a feat tax. Nothing world-shattering.

Mengu

First Post
So it's a stealth-errata with a feat tax. Nothing world-shattering.

Except it stacks with Barbarian Agility currently, so Barbarians by epic level have a +3 on top of that, which for instance a defender class like Warden doesn't have, creating an unfortunate situation where a Barbarian may have 3 more AC than a Warden for the measly cost of 1 feat.

mneme

Explorer
Would you ban two weapon barbarians too? (who have Dex as a secondary, thus getting Hide Armor Expertise without needing the feat)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads