• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

High Law and Low Justice, Part 4

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Recoverying from the strike Tomas growls a Vargr curse as his muscles tense in grim determination.

His mind is racing as he takes in the scene and decides to blast the missile as a priority, the fighter will take the next barrage.

"Gonna blast the missile" he annouces as he swings the turret into to position "get ready for the shrapnel!"

He locks on to the missile and fires - success!!

(ooc rolls 16+12 = 28)

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Saanath, human male, getting nervous

"Nice shootin'. But we still need a decision here people.

"Refuel - fast and furious or slow and steady. I can pretty much guarantee the slow and steady way. Same doesn't go for the other.

"Or cut and run for the JohnHenry base?

"I vote cut and run. For what its worth."

DrZombie

First Post
"Can we trust 'em?" Ruzz'kof asks. we'd still have a hostile ship out there, the company people might just wanna kill all witnesses to hide their involvement, and se'd be inntheir hands."
He stops, thinking.
"The trader. Hail the trader. The more people that are in the know the better. He might be able to jump, and then there won't be any sense in them killing us."

doghead

thotd
Saanath, human male.

"Can we trust them? Not as far as I could spit the lot of them and their base. But I doubt they will shoot us dead where we stand, unlike those on the Ullemguz."

"Unless anyone objects *right* now, I'm breaking off and heading for JohnHenry."

Saanath begins a mental 3 count.

Three, ...

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero, aslan male mercenary

Maerdwyn said:
The first thing he sees upon entering the room is the blown safe, where Blair must have once stored his valuables. The door to the safe swings limply from its lower hinge, the top one having been shattered. The metal on the wall around the safe, and the safe's interior is scorched. Moving a little closer, he (as a demolitions expert) can tell the explosion was basically a flash, consuming it's fuel almost instantly. It appears to have been exactly the same kind of explosion as the one that had damaged the outflow conduits on the life support system, and he concludes that it must have been caused by something igniting white once contained within the closed safe. Now, in the back of the safe, Trell can see a blob of bluish green ooze, growing in of a small (2cmx3cm), roughlt rectangular patch in the bottom left corner of the back wall of the safe.

ooc: Do you mean igniting while contained within the closed safe?

Damn!

Trel grabs the cleaning fluid and rags, then slaps the panel to close the door. As he moves he passes on the information to the others.

"We got some contamination here. Actually, I think we might have the initial vector. There was some sort of explosion in the safe in Stateroom 2, the 'Hunter's' stateroom."

Trel gets to work cleaning up the contamination. He moves cautiously, careful to avoid anything that might cause further explosions. While he works over the room, he also searches it for anything interesting.

Once he is sure that the room is clean, including his own suit, he will work back outwards doing the entrance to the room and the corridor around it.

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7/Trav 1: Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

Trelene speaks up.

"Saanath! What are our chances of making it out of the system? Assuming that all other ships are hostile. Is there a chance that we can scoop and then leave without anymore hostile contacts?"

doghead

thotd
ooc: Maerdywn - My understanding is that if we go in for refueling the Ullemguz will be able to catch us, or at least get us in range of their weapons before we have a chance to make the jump to light speed ... er, I mean reach a safe distance to Jump out of this sytem. I assume that our Jump drives are in working condition, they just need fuel.

If we break off now, we will be able to stay out of range of their guns.

Is that correct?

Maerdwyn

First Post
OOC: The drives are operational, and just need fuel.

The SDB is referring to the Dvonn as the "Ullemguz", as Nells Corzine had back on the Keruuchan. Reasoning behind this is unclear.

The large contact that is closing on you would certainly be able to reach you if you refueled the slow but sure way, and would be in range of you for a significant period of time - enought to make several attacks. Depending on the vessels weaponry (the logs suggest it is likely a Gateway Arms merc ship), you might be able to still survive this, but you don't know much about that ship in order to make an informed judgement on this. Certainly you would want people in all three of Dvonn's turrets on point defense,

Going with the fast refueling, it would still probably be able to attack you, but not for an extended period of time - your ship would reach jump distance before too many attacks could be launched. But the refuleing itself is dangerous, and those few attacks might still be significant, too.

If you break off now, they will not be in position to attack you for longer, and probably not at all with laser or meson fire. Missiles have a very long range (though, as you've seen thay can be defended against), although, you will have to decellerate to dock with the station, and that could be a point of attack if they pursue.

Finally, you could conceivably play cat and mouse, by moving in synchronous orbit around Gelugon, keeping the planet between Dvonn and the merc ship to buy time.

PS - there's still a hail from the merc ship pending. it can be answered or denied, but wan't sure if it had been overlooked.

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Quinn looks from the computer when Trel's message comes in. "I'll be right there." He stops himself, and looks to Ruzz'koff, "Er, Assuming that's okay with you, sir. Ms Scrautigue can handle fire control while I'm gone. If the Aslan has found something in SR4, it could tell us a lot about what's going been going on in this cursed ship." If he receive no objection from Ruzz'koff, he grabs up the battered hand comp he'd asked Saanath to work on earlier, and moves quickly off the bridge.

As Trel works to to clean the infestation, he notes that the metal under the slime in scorched, too - the slime grew in after explosion. He also notes a particular pattern in the scorching near the mouth of the safe. Looks like the safe was shot open with a laser. Unclear as to whether that could have cause the explosion, but that's certainly possible. When Trel sterilizes the metal again after cleaning the back of the safe, he notices that in the small rectangular area of the safe, where the slime had been, there are bubbles in the cleaning fluid. He wipes it off and tries it with plain water, but still osome bubbles form - there is air passing through this section of metal. It's porous.

Quinn enters the stateroom.

Remove ads