• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

High Law and Low Justice, Part 4

Maerdwyn

First Post
Tailspinner said:
OOC: If we Play cat and mouse, could we refuel slowly as well?

Not just by playing cat and mouse - at somepoint you would have to enter the atmosphere. Slow and steady would still require a significant decel that the merc ship, unless otherwise delayed, could use to catch up with you.

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero, Aslan male

Maerdwyn said:
"I'll be right there."

Trelelawiero pauses, his head cocked to one side. I know that voice. He can't quite place it but his hair on the back of his neck bristles. Not liking this at all, he stands and takes a postion beside the door. He doesn't draw his weapon just yet, but he keeps his hand close.

Maerdwyn said:
Quinn enters the stateroom.

"So who exactly do we have here?" he asks the man in the vacc suit.

Maerdwyn

First Post
The man splays both forearms down by his sides, in the traditional Aslan greeting. "J.C. Quinn, retired leatherneck. And you are Trelelawiero os Vareheraio, is that right?" Quinn's pronunciation isn't horrible, for a human. He looks at the Aslan, tries to get a read, then reaches up and opens the visor on his helmet, revealing a slightly puzzled face which turns serious as he says to Trel, "The doc told me what happened to your mate, and I want you to know we're going ot nail the bastards that did this to her and everyone else on this ship..." He waits for a reaction.

Saanath sense motive:
DC 10: [sblock]Quinn has no idea who you are[/sblock]
DC 15: [sblock]But he sees that you recognize him, and is trying to figure out from where.[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Saanath, human male.

DrZombie said:
"What do the mercs have to say for themselves?" Ruzz'koff asks. "Won't hurt us to talk with them, I guess. Bring'em on screen."

"Unless that hail is carrying something unpleasant; it was a little larger than normal. Make sure you screen it for infiltration software and viruses Trelene."

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7/Trav 1: Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

doghead said:
"Unless that hail is carrying something unpleasant; it was a little larger than normal. Make sure you screen it for infiltration software and viruses Trelene."

Trelene nods and begins analyzing the transmission.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Trelene cannot find out of the ordinary regarding the transmission, other than the size of the data packets. She cannot explain those, however.

DrZombie

First Post
"Trel, upload those messages in my persacomp, and keep them seperate from our system. If they want to mess up my PC, they're more than wellcome, I must get a new one for tax reasons anyways." Ruzz'koff says with a smile as he hands her over his persacomp.

doghead

thotd
Trelelawiero, aslan male mercenary

Maerdwyn said:
The man splays both forearms down by his sides, in the traditional Aslan greeting. "J.C. Quinn, retired leatherneck. And you are Trelelawiero os Vareheraio, is that right?" Quinn's pronunciation isn't horrible, for a human. He looks at the Aslan, tries to get a read, then reaches up and opens the visor on his helmet, revealing a slightly puzzled face which turns serious as he says to Trel, "The doc told me what happened to your mate, and I want you to know we're going ot nail the bastards that did this to her and everyone else on this ship..." He waits for a reaction.

ooc: Trel's sense motive: 8.

Trel considers the man standing in front of him. There's a good chance he never heard of me. But I don't want any unpleasant surprises later. Trel leaves his visor down.

"Quinn. Yes." Trel almost adds "Sir". Old habits die hard. "I know. We've worked the same conflict, although at diffent times. Tell me, are you one to make the work personal?"

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
Quinn eyes the Aslan, sees his stance stiffen momentarily. "Work? No. Work isn't personal. Getting shot at by a bunch of corporate A**holes that wanted to leave you all here to die because we wanted to come and provide the help they wouldn't? That? Well I might take that a little personal.... When were you in the Corps, Trelelawiero?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads