Pathfinder 1E High-level Pathfinder Planar Game: The Lich-Queen's Beloved

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Maybe? At that high level I'm really only familiar with and greatly prefer arcane magic users. I'd like to get caught up in my other games first before I go off and try to research a cleric. When do you need to know by?

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, well, alternatively I could help you with a divine caster build? There's quite a bit more variety in Pathfinder than in 3.5. Oracles, Druids...even bards can do a decent job of party support if built right.

Maybe? At that high level I'm really only familiar with and greatly prefer arcane magic users. I'd like to get caught up in my other games first before I go off and try to research a cleric. When do you need to know by?
No set date. We're taking a leisurely pace. If the others are going to need to either equip a skill or take a different-than-anticipated class in order to be able to have access to healing magic, I imagine they'd appreciate knowing within the next four or five days, though. Not that you'd need a character submission completed by then, mind you. Just a yes or no.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Also, in Pathfinder, pay attention to the Archetypes that modify class features, sometimes dramatically.

Here's a link to the bard class for example: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard

The core class is quite good. A mix of skill monkey and party support abilities and magic, emphasizing a light weapon and mobile fighting style. As healers they are capable backups, though they lack access to Restoration, Heal, and any kind of raising the dead.

But scroll to the bottom to see a big list of alternative archetypes. Each one swaps out a handful of base class features with others.

Worth taking a look at (in my opinion):

Arcane Duelist - Emphasizes the bard's combat capability, trading some party support for personal combat techniques. Arcane Duelists have the very valuable ability to add weapon enchantments to their own, and their allies' weapons on the fly, and their bonus feats make them -excel- against enemy spellcasters and foes with damage reduction. Also, they gain the ability to wear and cast spells in heavy armor if they wish.

Archivist - Focuses on the 'know it all' aspect of bards, giving them bonuses to lore and knowledges. They gain a very potent capacity to take 20 on Knowledge checks, and can give themselves and allies bonuses in combat by succeeding in monster identification checks against the creature type the party faces. At higher levels, which we are, they gain general proficiency with any skill, making sure the party is never without some critical ability at a necessary moment.

Songhealer - The quintessential 'healer' bard, this archetype is pretty awesome. You can spend bardic performance uses to cast Heal (which actually hurts undead), or even Resurrection. Also, you can boost the effectiveness of wands that cast healing spells. Pretty straightforward stuff.

Remove ads