• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Higher Level Psionics PbP (Demon with a Glass Hand)

Erekose13

Explorer
Sorry CS, I've not had a chance to put anything together on my psionic healer. I'll respectively withdraw and leave the choice to those who've already put a lot into their characters.

Jemal

Adventurer
As much as I've been looking forward to playing a Psion(And to playing in your game, CS), I too will withdraw as I haven't been able to work up my character in more detail, and you have a large pool to select from anyways. If you need replacements down the line, I may return. GL, HF

Nazhkandrias

First Post
OK, I know that this is a little late, but here goes... This is a Paladin of Freedom, since I couldn't quite get the Raptoran Stormtalon to work. Trust me, I think you'll like this...

[sblock=Kaelestis, The Silver Gale]Male Human Paladin of Freedom 14
Medium Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 14d10 (81 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 26 (+6 Dex, +9 +5 mithral breastplate), touch 16, flat-footed 20
Base Attack/Grapple: +14/+15
Attack: +4 holy composite longbow (mighty +1) +24 ranged (1d8+5/19-20/x3) or +
Full Attack: +4 holy composite longbow (mighty +1) +24/+19/+14 ranged (1d8+5/19-20/x3)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Smite evil 3/day, turn undead 9/day
Special Qualities: Aura of good, aura of resolve, detect evil, divine grace, divine health, empathetic link with mount, celestial hippogriff mount, lay on hands, remove disease 3/week
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +3
Abilities: Str 13, Dex 22, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 22
Skill Ranks: Bluff 17, Heal 5, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 10, Ride 17, Speak Language (celestial) 2
Feats: Improved Critical (longbow), Improved Mounted Archery, Improved Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Ranged Smite, Rapid Shot
Alignment: CG
Equipment: +4 holy composite longbow (mighty +1), +4 mithral breastplate with riding straps, masterwork silver rapier, 2 daggers, cloak of charisma +4, gloves of dexterity +4, ring of feather falling, 2 traveler’s outfits, courtier’s outfit with jewelry, masterwork exotic military saddle, silver sigil of Claire, backpack, belt pouch, sack, bedroll, bullseye lantern, 5 pints of oil, silk rope, healer’s kit, silver sigil of Claire, mirror, signal whistle, flint and steel, waterskin, bottle of fine wine, 4 wine glasses, 3 day’s trail rations
Coins: 430 platinum pieces, 41 gold pieces
Weight Carried:
Weight Capacities: Light – 50 lbs., Medium – 100 lbs., Heavy – 150 lbs.
Languages: Celestial, Common[/sblock]

[sblock=Celestial Hippogriff Mount]Male Celestial Hippogriff
Large Magical Beast (Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 3d10+9 plus 6d10+18 (76 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), fly 100 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 31 (-1 size, +3 Dex, +9 +2 mithral breastplate barding, +12 natural), touch 12, flat-footed 30
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+19
Attack:
Full Attack:
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Smite evil 1/day
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 5/magic, darkvision 60 ft., empathetic link with paladin, improved evasion, share saving throws with paladin, low-light vision, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10 and electricity 10, scent, spell resistance 14
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +9, Will +5
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 16, Con 16, Int 8, Wis 13, Cha 8
Skill Ranks:
Feats: Dodge, Flyby Attack, Improved Flight, Wingover
Alignment: CG
Weight Carried:
Weight Capacities: Light – 519 lbs., Medium – 1,038 lbs., Heavy – 1,560 lbs.[/sblock]

Now, I did make use of a few variants, and I hope that you OK them, since this sheet took me a while... :) Well, I know that they aren't exactly on the approved list, but I'm hoping for a case-by-case judgement here, since I like this concept a hell of a lot. OK, first off, I subbed out his spellcasting ability for bonus feats at 4th, 8th, 11th, and 14th level (Complete Champion Paladin variant). On a note of this, the feats are supposed to come off of a list dealing mainly with melee and mounted combat, so pretty much all of his mounted combat feats are bonus feats. Just reassuring you, it's more or less legitimate, as far as the book is concerned. Secondly, I made use of a feat from the Book of Exalted Deeds called Ranged Smite (make Smite Evil attacks as part of a ranged attack, prerequisite Smite Evil). And I get the feeling that the Paladin of Freedom variant is OK, since it's almost purely for flavor.

The sheet is 90% complete, it's just really late, and I don't quite feel like adding up every bit of encumbrance (since the hippogriff will be carrying it most of the time), or coming up with some symbolic or important name for his mount. It's a little late for background as well, but I can tell you that he is a fairly standard Templar of Claire, he's got a bit of a personality on him (almost bard-ish in nature, kind of going a different way with that high Charisma score), and he should be quite fun to be around (especially considering that he's a Paladin). Either way, I hope that you will stay open to this concept, and if you don't like some of the variants, I can convert him to a more standard Paladin in nothing flat. But please, I REALLY like this guy. Background, physical description, and all the roleplaying errata will be up tomorrow, assuming he isn't shot down overnight. Thanks for your patience! :D

Creamsteak

Explorer
Correct. I'm not actually examining character stats (I will look at race/level though).

Sorry, I planned to finish some of this up today but I've been side-tracked. I'll be back tomorrow.

Insight

Adventurer
Creamsteak said:
Correct. I'm not actually examining character stats (I will look at race/level though).

Sorry, I planned to finish some of this up today but I've been side-tracked. I'll be back tomorrow.

No problem. If anything, you need MORE time to figure out the characters in a high level game than one starting at 1st level.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Red Herring said:
Creamsteak, is this game full up? Are you still taking submissions? If the game is full, do you have an alternate's list that I could go on?

It's pretty full, and I've got a couple people I know would want to run alternates. I'm going to have to just decline at this time. I do notice that your brand-new to the boards, so welcome. Sorry that I don't have a spot here though.

Creamsteak

Explorer
This was a tough decision and I put quite a bit of effort into it. I hate to decline anyone, but that's the delicate balance between having games be unpopular and too popular. You never get "exactly" what you want. I really appreciate any work people put into their characters in this thread, and even just the contribution of a few questions and discussion by others.

I really wanted to cut the group down to 4 because a higher level game takes more management on my part. However, I found myself stuck a bit. I ended up allowing 1 more slot because there are things about each of these 5 characters that make me want to make a game around them, and that's my goal in the end. Pathfinder's 2nd draft was much better than the first and I really feel like it fits the setting as I imagine it. I also think Gabrion's character is potentially a very likeable protaganist character, much easier to relate to than all the others, so I think he's an important asset to the party.

The Party
Psion Elan Ardent 2/Cleric 3/Psychic Theurge 9
Shayuri Human Sorcerer 5/Wild Mage 9
Wrahn Goliath Ranger 1/Psychic Warrior 4/War Mind 8
Gabrion Human Fighter 9/Occult Slayer 5
pathfindererq1 Elan Kineticist 14

I would also like to offer a tentative "spot" as villains to Bloodweaver and Insight. They've both put a lot of work into their characters/concepts (multiple concepts as well), and I'd "like" to offer potential spots as allies/enemies at large.

If either of you are up for it, it is a lighter time requirement than playing. You also would get a little bit of information just privvy to yourselves. It's up to you if this appeals at all, I feel it might be a fun way to run some of the situations in the game.

By villains I don't really mean "big bad evil guy", I mean more along the lines of significant characters (whether good or bad) that are part of the game, and interact with the players from time to time.

"DM-PCs"
Bloodweaver1 Human Soulknife 5/Illumine Soul 4/Shadow Sentinel 5 and/or Warforged etc.
Insight Human Monk 6/Psychic Warrior 2/Lucid Cenobite 6

Also, in my sig (should be visible in my post towards the top of this page) you'll find links to the new OOC/IC/RG threads for the new game. Note that the game hasn't started yet. Note also that the characters are not all completed, and I really need to sit down with book and pen and look over all of the mechanical content of posted characters.

I also would REALLY APPRECIATE if your character records are easy to look at and read. I understand that not everyone values the same formats obviously, but with all the "junk" that a higher level character has to detail, it helps to keep things orderly in some way.

Last edited:

gabrion

First Post
Like the others, I'm honored to have a spot creamsteak. As an added bonus, I can finally stop holding my breath!

Gratz to the rest of the party and to bloodweaver and insight, hopefully we will see you in our travels!

Edit: Also creamsteak, would you like further discussion about details/character stats/etc to take place in the OOC thread you linked?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads