• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

History of the site & 3E

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hey folks,

I'm using Morrus' new articles system to post the news archives from the old D&D3E website. Those of you with an interest in EN World's pre-history or wishing to see (or relive) the hype surrounding the first year before 3E may find it of interest. I had to strip out all of the links and pics to make it work and a few other things look a bit "funky" but it's mostly all there. I still have several months to add to the collection but you can read from August 1999 to September 2000 now.

http://www.enworld.org/forums/article.php?c=9

The site's not letting me read the article:

RangerWickett, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You nd your stupid, unique usergroup! I'll fix it in a bit, but I'm heading out for dinner with Jane right now.

dagger

Adventurer
Thanks Eric for putting these up, they bring back a lot of memories. I originally found that page around May of 2000, so getting to read the even older stuff is nice.

I have laughed out loud several times at several of the 'scoops'. :)

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks Eric, I will have to check them out!! Any overall thoughts on how the site may have impacted the development of 3E? Also, were you surprised at how much response you got from fellow gamers and the people at WotC?

EricNoah

Adventurer
I've posted the remaining months. If you hit December 2000 you can read about the first big wave of WotC layoffs. Somewhere around in there you can read about "EN World" (aka "The Daemonforge Site"), a young upstart website with a lot of potential. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads