[hivemind] hive or dive?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Morbidity said:
I think in the ranks of death I'm slightly below the 'Death of Rats' ... but I always adopt the principles of work hard, be dedicated and there is always opportunity for promotion. :D

It's good to have goals... :D

Eternalknight

First Post
Mark said:

Airs this Wednesday evening in Chicago (some parts of the US on Tuesday, I'm told). I'm looking forward to it immensely...because I've gained a few pounds over the winter and it's in the future... :p

Ah thanks :) From what i have heard it sounds like it is going to be interesting!

Which episode was the Borg episode?

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Eternalknight said:
Ah thanks :) From what i have heard it sounds like it is going to be interesting!

Which episode was the Borg episode?

Borg was a couple/few episodes ago and kinda a one-shot (which is good, IMO). The season finale is touted to make the Borg episode look like a cakewalk. :D

Snoweel

First Post
I've got 2 * 2000 word essays due last Wednesday. I just finished one and am about to start on the other.

It's funny how my post-count soars when I'm "working" on essays.

Maldur

First Post
Back again, after boring work meetings :(

I need some Holidays for a fantasy world, Anybody want to give me some ideas? (I have some Ill post them shortly )

:D

Maldur

First Post
Rough guide to Xiatha's calendar

Fehular
The first month in the year starts the day after highwinter. As the days are short this month is named after Fehu, the darkness. In this month people stay mostly indoor, it is the depth of winter and the weather is cold. Xiatha is usually covered in a blanket of snow.

Holidays in Fehular:
Dragonflight
On this day in the troubled times, a large amount of dragons took flight and left with Eidolon as he left Xiatha. On this day people on Xiatha fly kites, put out flags and banners all depicting dragons. On the largest towers guards stand watch to look for signs of the dragons returning. Most dragonic creatures are restless on this day, making it dangerous to be around them at this time.

The Breaking
The second month in the year is named for the breaking of winter. The days become longer and as the weather gets warmer most snow changes into slush. People prepare for the coming spring; repairing farming equipment and finishing off last years supplies.

Holidays in the Breaking:
There are only local holidays in the Breaking.

Plow month
This month sees people getting the fields ready for sowing. The damages of winter are repaired, and there is a lot of plowing going on. One of the more busy months in the countryside.

Holidays in Plow month:
There are only local holidays in Plow month.

The month of Sowing
Another busy month out in the countryside. This month is mostly filled with sowing the field s prepared in the las weeks. Its also the month in which soldiers and military perpare to go on maneuvers. Just to practice or to impress the neighbors.

Holidays in the month of plowing:
The Meet
The meet is a day on which armies are counted, and presented. And the elders and leaders discuss the affairs of state. Apprentices are chosen on this day. The day is usually ended with banquets, balls and other formal festivities. The first tourneys are also fought on this day, but these are local tourneys, the larger "international tourneys"are during the following months.

Herding month
As the fields are growing steadily, it's now time for the care of the herds. Lambs and calfs need attention, as do foals and other small animals. It's also the month in which militia's train.

Holidays in the Herding month:
Spear day
15th Herding: Most nations ask for their people to join the Militia for a time (usually a year). On this day the new recruits are added to the Militia's or local armies. It is called the day of spears, but it could be called the day of hankies as mother's see their sons and daughters leave for the unknown dangers of the military.

Hay month
As grass is a fast growing crop this is the month in which hay fields are cut and turned.

Holidays in the Hay month:
Highsummer
The middle of the year. This day is celebrated in the abundance of summer. It is celebrated with large feasts. And serious dancing. The celebrations last deep into the night, with bonfires lighting the night. Interesting to know is that large amounts of people celebrate their birthday at the beginning of the month of plowing, about nine-month after highsummer.

Illuminar
The warmest month of the year this is the month of summer. This month is filled with harvesting and if its a good year, second and third haying of the fields.

Holidays in Illuminar
There are only local holidays in Illuminar.

Harvest month

Holidays in Harvest month
High Harvest on 14th Harvest. Celebrating the bounty of the harvest.

Hunting month
After the harvest is in the peopel go into the wild areas to hunt for additional supplies to last the winter. Royalty and noblemen take the time to have eleborate hunting parties.

Holidays in Hunting month
There are only local holidays in Hunting month.

Wine month
This month is filled with preparations for winter. Besides wine and beer, many other preserved foods are prepared and stored for the comming winter.

Holidays in Wine month
Wine and Beer festivals.
Brewers and Vinters show their skills.

Month of Haze and Mist, or Mist month
As the weather starts turning, this month is filled with rain, mists and fog. In the later half ogf the month the last summer days are usually very nice, but they are a signal that snow is comming.

Holidays in Mist month
There are only local holidays in Mist month.

The time of the Giants, or Giants month
This is winter. Snow, ice and storms keep people indoors and it is said that in earlier times, this would be the season that the giant-kin would roam the lands unapposed.

Holidays in Giants month
Highwinter
This is the shortest day of the year, and high winter is celebrated with lots of lights and fires, just to ask illumiat to return and stay longer to warm and light the people of xiatha.

Any suggestions?

Remove ads