[hivemind] hive or dive?

Snoweel

First Post
Must-Haves:

Spring equinox.
Autumn equinox. (Fall equinox if you learned English from American TV.)
Summer solstice.(sp?)
Winter solstace.(sp?)

Ruler's birthdays.
Anniversaries of happy events (independence).
Anniversaries of sad events (war defeats).

And there's more...

Maldur

First Post
Snoweel said:
Must-Haves:

Spring equinox.
Autumn equinox. (Fall equinox if you learned English from American TV.)
Summer solstice.(sp?)
Winter solstace.(sp?)

Got Highsummer and Highwinter. Not so sure as to the autumn and spring equinox. But Ill keep it in mind.

Snoweel said:
Ruler's birthdays.
Anniversaries of happy events (independence).
Anniversaries of sad events (war defeats).
[/B]

Im thinking more "global" holidays first. But these are definately celebrated on a more local "scale".

Morbidity

First Post
Snoweel said:
Must-Haves:

Ruler's birthdays.

Reminds me … I went to Macquarie uni in Oz. Governor Macquarie’s b’day wasn’t the right time for a uni holiday/celebration … 9 months before his b’day was a perfect time though. And thus Conception Day was born.

Hee, hee … lots of fun in telling one’s conservative parents that their precious daughter is heading off to Conception Day. :D

Carnifex

First Post
Maldur said:
Good luck Fex ( even though this message is late :))

Nah, it's not late - like I said, bout an hour yet to go.

Which means an additional hour to panic in :eek:

Ah well, thanks for the good luck! :) I may be back on the boards later, but I may not be very coherent, since I'll probably have imbibed large amounts of alcohol in either happiness or misery at how well the paper went...

Maldur

First Post
Carnifex said:

Nah, it's not late - like I said, bout an hour yet to go.

Which means an additional hour to panic in :eek:

Ah well, thanks for the good luck! :) I may be back on the boards later, but I may not be very coherent, since I'll probably have imbibed large amounts of alcohol in either happiness or misery at how well the paper went...

that bad eh?

What is the exam about?

Carnifex

First Post
Maldur said:

that bad eh?

What is the exam about?

Empire of Charlemagne. Theoretically, the odds are that I should get at least a couple of solid questions amongst the list given for essay titles that I can do well, but still... it's been literally a year since I last had to write essays by hand at high speed, and I'm out of practice :(

Maldur

First Post
Carnifex said:

Empire of Charlemagne. Theoretically, the odds are that I should get at least a couple of solid questions amongst the list given for essay titles that I can do well, but still... it's been literally a year since I last had to write essays by hand at high speed, and I'm out of practice :(

You'r a good writer, dont worry about it :)

And you might get a chance to use paladins in your answer:D

Carnifex

First Post
Maldur said:

You'r a good writer, dont worry about it :)

And you might get a chance to use paladins in your answer:D

Lol :) Nah, it's more likely I'll be talking about the commands and communication structure of missi, missatica and churchmen, or the reasoning and ideologies behind the imperial coronation of 801 :)

Remove ads