HM's Carrion Crown AP - CT

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan turns to the crowd and roars in triumph. As he returns to his normal form he shouts "Now where's my gold!"

OOC: Sorry Gregori, I needed the side step into your charge lane to block his charge lanes and make sure I had my proper reach advantage. Now, if the eidolon was out, it would have double moved to be in behind the ogre and either drawn the attack, or got another AoO.

The only move the ogre had to not take an AoO was stepping back 5 ft and throwing the javelin. I had all other basic moves covered. But, at least that would have been about 1/2 his damage potential of swinging that big club.

That weapon is worth paying the feat for. This character would be even more devastatingly smash mouth if I went with Cleric/Ranger. But I want to do the summoner.
Yep, ready to move on.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Gregori packs his suitcase and goes home since he clearly isn't needed.

I'm joking, of course, but there is a grain of truth there. Of my tactics/abilities Marshan does them all quicker and better with the exception, perhaps, of to hit numbers. Honestly, it's a little discouraging.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Your right GE the dice rolled well for him because the modifier is on the low side. But if SK's tactics are to get into melee as soon as possible he is going to find that 14 AC a drawback.

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
Oh yeah. If I don't hit first and harder, I have a good chance of going down. There was a reason why I asked about slowing down on casting spells in medium armor and then taking mostly out of combat spells. With the player's guide out, I am thinking of switching out grease for mount for flavor. Then +1 caster level on mount means I get a no maintenance horse for 4 hours up to twice a day at first level. It fits well for an ex-soldier, forest walker cleric who pulls beasts out from the nether regions to do his bidding. But, that is intentionally gimping his spell casting for flavor.

Do you guys want me building for power, or for flavor?

A pit fight is the optimal situation for Marshan. They have limited distance to run, and I have surprise tactics that tip the balance. But, I only get that trick for five rounds a day. I also carry a separate batch of large arrows to do it as a ranged trick. Enlarge, then shoot the large arrows for 2d6 each.

Since I am the only mass healer, when someone yells medic, I am going to have to burn my action in channeling. So, I will probably only be frontline melee 85% of the time. Without two frontliners using bottlenecking tactics, our bard will be easy pickings. And the eidolon isn't a real threat until about 4th level. Up to that point, it is more useful as a distraction. Where I will fall behind is in feats. Selective Channel is nearly a requirement.

PS. I will be upgrading from leather to chain shirt armor as soon as I can afford it. The bow is another thing that will be immediately upgraded as soon as I can afford it.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Any single opponent in a one shot fight is going to get gang-raped if it loses initiative. But how often are we going to face only one opponent? I suggest we gather more data and fight the orcs before changing anything.

I have no problem with one shot kills by one guy, it is a benefit for the team. :p

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I was wondering why the large arrows? It says "all equipment is similarly enlarged" so won't that make the arrows the next step up in damage??

HM

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I have never played a summoner before, but Afg's Eidolon appears to be quite good. Why won't yours be good until 4th level?

Are we ready for the next fight against the orcs? I can roll the initiatives this weekend. Are the orcs (five?) straight out of the bestiary?

Remove ads