HO1 - Forgotton Cellar (Knight Otu Judging)

HugeOgre

First Post
Greaves had taken the large skull from Talbin, his mouth agape as he looked at the intricate etchings carved around the sockets, and of course the large gems set in the sockets. "Yes indeed" he had said "this could DEFINITELY be magical."

Thus relieved of his most precious treasure so far Talbin left the estate and moved back down into the city proper, eager to see what his small disks might be worth...

ooc: So, where and how are you going to try and sell the disks, and remind me if you took all 3 or just the one.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: because of the enthousiastic response of Mr. Greaves talbin changes his plan from going to a pawn shop to...

"Glad to see you are so happy with it! It sure does look Shiny! and valuable too, even more so if turns out magical. Which brings me to another point. Retrieving this very very precious item, no doubt of unspeakable value, did set me back quite a bit on my healing potions. I'm just down to the one you gave me earlier and i'm afraid that won't suffice if i endure another encounter such as the one i did in order to retrieve this! Offcourse i can't wait to go down there and find even more Great Treasue such as the one you are holding this very instant! But i'm fraid i seem to require some more potions of healing.. and since i'm quite out of cash i was wondering if a small donation, a mere chip out the price i just retrieved for you, would be possible..."
After that Talbin draws a long breath and puts on his sheepish look and smiles.
"Oh by the way, i also found ths" he continues as he presents the small disc (ooc: i only took one), any idea what it means? It seemed to be linked to those walking dead in some way".

HugeOgre

First Post
Greaves takes the small disk in one hand, flipping it over with the expert finesse only a merchant (or a rogue) could possess.

"Hmm, no. I am afraid I know nothing of this symbol." he remarked. "As for fronting you additional money, Im afraid I cant. I know you and my father came to an agreement on price. Why dont you keep the talisman, and the skull. Those rubies should be worth a fair bit in the market." With that the two reached the top of the stairs, and Greaves pointed to the back door.

"...or I could buy them off you here. Id pay you 350 gold, and a potion of healing (ooc: CLW) for both of them. People might ask questions if you go trying to hawk it down in the city."

HugeOgre

First Post
ooc: This is probably a good a place to stop this as I can think of. As you can probably tell from my post rate real life has come crashing into my hopes to have fun with this. I'd like to RP out the end of this adventure, and award you XP and get you on your way. Im sorry I have to cut it short, but Ive already cut my own playing out and I still dont have time to devote to PBP.

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: too bad we can't play this out further. As for rp'ing this out: that could cost even more time if done completely, so maybe we better work out some "short cut" around it. Do you want to play out any further exploration of the cellar? or have Mr. Greaves come up with some reason why the exploration can't be continued?

HugeOgre

First Post
The younger Greaves could see the look of apprehension on Talbin's face. "In fact, Im quite sure that if my father knew what was down there he'd never allow you to return alone. Its far too dangerous. Why dont we..." William handed the talisman and the skull to Talbin "say that I negotiated a fair price for your services so far, but that the cellar is too dangerous for you to go it alone any more."

"If the skull is magical, I'll just have to live with the consequences of a bad business decision."

With that Talbin took his leave, his clothing cut and his skin bruised. Making his way down into the city, it didnt take the Halfling too long to get cleaned up, new clothes on, and make his way out to the market.

Being discreet made the process take longer, but Talbin ultimately found a buyer for his relic. Apparently its from a splinter cell of the god Verdante, ruled over by a woman known as Death's Guardian. In the end, the talisman was worth 35 pieces of gold, and Talbin managed 600 for the skull, which the buyer indicated was not magical. It seems they are benevolent watchers of the dead - probably why they took offense at your "desecration".

ooc: So, assuming the judge says ok you have a whopping 635 gold pieces for this haul. Considering how close you came to death, and given the use of two of your potions its still a good haul. The original potion you got is a potion of cure light wounds. I assume you returned the items you were lent. Your XP breaks down as follows

Time Spent 100 xp (2 months * 50 xp)
Stair Trap (CR.25) 50 xp
Guardian Trap (CR .5) 150 xp (significant risk of death)
Spiders (CR .5) 150 xp
Skeletons (CR 1) 300 xp

Total XP 750 xp

Solo adventures it seems can be quite lucrative, but just remember, you need to be better prepared in the future. You could easily have died a couple of times because of your need to use an improvised weapon.

Happy gaming, and when the aquisition and ERP systems are in, maybe Ill see you around on the boards. THanks for being so understanding about my need to cut it short.

B4cchus

Explorer
"i'm sorry i couldn;t be of any more service. If you cange your mind in the future about the cellar, you can probably find me at the Red Dragon Inn. If not, just leave a note there and i'll find it. Thank you for the hospitality and the oppoertunity." After that talbin makes his goodbye and leaves again back to the Red Dragon Inn. On his way he finds a buyer for the skull and talaisman."

ooc: first off thanks for your time in GM-ing this little one for Talbin. I hope you can find the time to return here soon. I quite enjoyed your gm-ing and i think you'r doi ng a great job at it.

Not having a weapon against the skeletons was a bad call indeed. Unfortunately it is always a battle for encumrance with a small-sized character and i already had two weapons.

Talbin returns all the equipment that belongs to Mr. Greaves. I'll update xp, gp and items on Talbin's sheet.

Remove ads