HO1 - Forgotton Cellar (Knight Otu Judging)

HugeOgre

First Post
Despite his concern the wounded Talbin faces no more threats as he cautiously makes his way back west and then south to the room he first started in. He now stands at the base of the rope, longspear in one hand and lantern in the other.

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin yells upward :"Hello, anybody up there? It's me, Talbin!"
If no reply comes withn the next few moments, talbin throws his spear ( non pointy side first) over the ledge, puts out his lantern and straps it to his pack.
Then he climbs the rope upward.
If the room above is empty he moves further inward the mansion, calling out for people.

HugeOgre

First Post
There is no reply to Talbin's initial call, but by the time he has begun crawling out of the room below and up to the cellar the dance of shadows brought by an approaching lantern reveals to the halfling that he is no longer alone.

"Im sorry, was that you.." the younger Greaves holds his lantern high, his mouth agape as he surveys the bloody gashes on Talbin's body. "oh Verdante, let me give you a hand up"

With that Talbin is gingerly hoisted back up into the main room, and as Greaves brushes at what might just be imaginary dirt, he turns back to you and says.

"I take it to mean the cellar is, as my father feared, not empty."

B4cchus

Explorer
"Hiya! Yes, there are some nasty things down there. Or at least, there where but it wouldn't surprise me if there is more still. I'll tell you all about it when i can sit down with a nice cup of tea."
Ater this initial greeting talbin gathers himself and smiles. Before the good man can answer he continues: "Found some really spiders down there ad even more nasty: walking skeletons. And not just walking i tell you! no, they almost ripped and squezed the very life out of me! Finished them off, that i did. I do need some extra supplies to continue the exploration though. A good club seems to be te most effectove way to rid those nasty undead. I also got through the best part of my healing elixers. Need to get some more of those, yes. Still got the one you gave me, but some extras wouldn't hurt. No pun intended"

HugeOgre

First Post
The young man holds out his arms, palms up in a sort of "see, I dont have anything" gesture.

"Thats amazing. Its a good thing they never came up here." he remarks as is eyes wander over your cut and bruised body. "I dont know what kind of deal my father made with you, but I don't think he'd want you traipsing through the house all bleeding and battered. Perhaps we can get you out the kitchen entrance and down into the city to find some more potions. I say, speaking of, have you found anything magical down there?"

Greaves stands back up, now towering over you, and turns to leave, yet still leaves himself open for your response. Then he turns and looks back at the trapdoor.

"Say, do you think we should cover that hole for now? Or pull the rope up or something?"

B4cchus

Explorer
"Ah yes, well. I think its a good idea to at least pull up that rope. Posting a guard here woldn't be a bad idea either. I did found some things down there, yes, but i left most of it behind. Safety first you know! If it's magic or not, i don't know. I did find one specific interresting item: some skull.with ruby eyes. any idea what it may be?"

HugeOgre

First Post
"sounds creepy. maybe what the legend of the old hedge wizard is true after all." Greaves plies cryptically as he pulls the rope back through the trap door. "I can let them know to post a guard when we go up."

HugeOgre

First Post
"Erm, no" the young human replied as he looked sideways away from the halfling. "But my father employs some wizards for such things. I expect they could tell pretty well straight away." The young human started up the nearby stairs, then turned casually to see if Talbin would follow.

B4cchus

Explorer
"Hmm, well, you might have them take a look at this here"Talbin says as he digs the skull from his pack "It seems rather unusual to me... I'll be on my way to get some supplies, be back in a flash!"
After Talbin presented the skull he heads back to town for some supplies. He tries to locate a pawn shop to sell the disc he found in the cellar.

Remove ads