HO1 - Forgotton Cellar (Knight Otu Judging)

HugeOgre

First Post
Indeed, the attack Talbin had first thought to have glanced harmlessly off the skeleton was much more damaging than he had thought. Chunks of shoulder fall off, leaving one arm dangling ackwardly on the creature. While the now lame arm dangles the skeleton manages to make a lunging grab at poor Talbin, digging its claws around his wrist and bringing blood to the surface.

ooc: 2 more hit points of damage. What are you at now?

HugeOgre

First Post
The skeleton redoubles his efforts as the tiny man's staff bounces harmlessly off the hard bone. His damaged arm now rotating impossibly around, the skeleton claws at the leather armor, eager to reach the flesh beneath, but fails.

ooc:fwiw, I originally had 3 skeletons in the original manuscript (CR 1), but I quickly realized at 2 attacks each they could easily kill you if you got caught unawares, or had a string of bad rolls, even if I did remove their shields. finish this guy off, would ya?

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin keeps bashing at the undead creature, but fails to damage it.

ooc: As for the killing: my die roll karma is letting me down. As for the encounter: i think two of em is pretty steep. Especially since i'm not a fighter and have to use an improvised weapon..

HugeOgre

First Post
ooc: hey, its not MY fault you dont have a bludgeoning weapon. :p

The skeleton leers evily at Talbin as the small halfling's improvised staff glances once again harmlessly off the hardened bone of the evil creature. Pressing the ineffectual rogue against the wall the skeleton wraps his fingers around your neck and begins to squeeze, pulling you from the ground as it continues to tighten its grip...

]so, I need an AoO from you for the grapple check, and then if you fail to damage it sufficiently, an opposed grapple to avoid being grappled and pinned (as I rolled a 21 and a 20 respectively... (gulp)

B4cchus

Explorer
When the skeleton lunges forward to grasp at Talbin he graps the oppertunity to bash his weapon on the creature's bones.

ooc: think that did the trick.. that was a close call!

HugeOgre

First Post
Talbin stands there, the bony fingers of the creature wrapped around his throat. Fortunately, only the hands remain, as Talbin's smash with the stick broke the arms loose, causing the rest of the skeleton to clatter to the floor with an odd thwump of dark energy popping as it did. Talbin, though wounded, is once again alone in the shrine.

B4cchus

Explorer
Still shaking, Talbin unwraps the bony hands from his throat. Hestands there, regaining his breath, for a few seconds when he starts to move again. He looks down at the pile of bones and pokes at it a few times to make sure they don't move anymore. After that, he tiptoes out of the room, taking a good peek in the hallway before he enters it.

He ponders to himself if the two skeletons had those metal disks on them.. and looks in the hallway yo see if they might have risen from one of he niches there.

HugeOgre

First Post
From his vantage point at the entrance to the shrine it isnt obvious whether the skeletons who attacked him came from the niches, but the presence of the small talismans on the floor behind him was clearly evidence that they most likely did, and were from the crypt now directly in front of him. As if on queue, the lantern begins to flicker, the oil that feeds it almost depleted.

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin cautiously starts his way back to the entrance of the cellar.
afte checking if the hallway with the niches is clear, he makes his way through, collecting one og the talismans he found earlier.
After that he hurries back to the entrance of the cellar.

Remove ads