HO1 - Forgotton Cellar (Knight Otu Judging)

HugeOgre

First Post
[sblock=skeleton ooc]initiative 21
[/sblock]

Having carefully placed the skull into his backpack Talbin turns to examining the rest of the room for traps, or for secret doors. He almost catches himself humming a tune at the idea of his good fortune when a strange clatter echoes down the hall. Turning Talbin looks back down the hall the way he came but sees nothing. He briefly returns to his search and finds himself looking intently for a moment longer at the now dim and faded painting on the walls. Without the skull and its eerie red light the frescoes no longer seem to dance as they did when Talbin had first entered the room. Once again a noise caught Talbin's ear, and this time he turned and drew his weapon just in time to see a skeleton appear in the doorway, its bony digits reaching out to grab at the little halfling.

ooc: ok, the skeleton is 15 feet away from you, in the doorway. There is no surprise, because of your great Listen check. The skeleton is not armed with a weapon or shield, but does have a talisman around its neck. Although its dark, you THINK there might be another one further back in the passage. Its your turn. :eek:

B4cchus

Explorer
Where did that thing come from!? Wait a second. Isn't that one of those talismans i saw back there in the hallway? No time to find out, i better keep this one at distance.

Talbin pokes at the thing with his longspear, trying to keep it at bay.
If the thing is too close he will draw his shortsword and try to hack it with that.

ooc: attack: 18, damage 3 (darn that DR 5/B)
Initiative: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=459977

edit: double post

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
Where did that thing come from!? Wait a second. Isn't that one of those talismans i saw back there in the hallway? No time to find out, i better keep this one at distance.

Talbin pokes at the thing with his longspear, trying to keep it at bay.
If the thing is too close he will draw his shortsword and try to hack it with that.

ooc: attack: 18, damage 3 (darn that DR 5/B)
Initiative: 18

-edit= that damage was for the spear. nevermind rolling damage for the shortsword, since it won't get past the DR

HugeOgre

First Post
Talbin closes the distance to meet the skeleton at the door, jabbing at it with his longspear. The spear pokes against the bone and slides harmlessly to the side though. The skeleton steps in past your spear, giving Talbin a chance to swing his spear wildly at it as it does. The resulting crack of wood on bone is definitive, and a huge chunk of bone breaks free and flies across the room to smash against the wall. Despite the damage the skeleton continue on though, slashing at you with his claws, ripping past your armor and digging his bony digits into your flesh.

ooc: you may want to use the spear as an improvised weapon as I did here for your AoO, otherwise, Id say youre screwed. Its your turn, but youre at 0 hit points. You definitely need to drink that potion now, and hope hes not as effective next round...

B4cchus

Explorer
With his last strength Talbin attempts to drink a healing potion.

ooc: i don't know what you rule as the effect of a potion of CLW. I usually house-rule that it heals 1d8+3, since minimum caster level for the brew potion feat is 3, i'll leave that up to you. Let's just pray you don't keep up those high rolls on the resulting AoO. Improvising the spear seems like a good plan.

HugeOgre

First Post
Talbin pulls the stoppered bottle from his supplies and tips his head back to drink from the magical elixir, leaving himself open to the skeleton's claws for a brief moment. The skeleton wastes no time at clawing the pour halfling again, but his claws find no holes in the leather armor, and the lucky rogue is able to finish the potion unscathed. The potion flares to life in the wounded lad, closing the oozing holes left by the skeleton. The life giving energy seemingly infuriates the skeleton, who claws viciously once again at the poor Halfling. Again its claws dig deep into the neck of Talbin, and blood begins to spurt from his body. Behind the first skeleton, a second awaits, clawing angrily for its share of your flesh. Talbin again exposes himself to drink from the potion just given, and again manages to avoid the skeleton's opportunistic attack. A third time the skeleton digs in his claws. This time though his attacks find no holes in the halfling's armor, and Talbin prepares to strike the wounded abomination.

ooc: you are healed for 6 points of damage, I went with your house rule since you are alone, and its more deadly that way. then you got hit for 6 points of damage. Then you drank a second potion (I assumed), getting back 7 hit points. Only the potion of "healing" given to you by the elder greaves remains. Its your turn. There is a skeleton directly in front of you, and apparently one beyond the first, who cant at present get by the first. Its your turn. The altar is directly behind you. Roll well...

HugeOgre

First Post
ps. let me know if you would have drunk your potion or the potion greaves gave you. I didnt think to ask before I wrote that last post

B4cchus

Explorer
ah, yes, i missed the part where te second potion was already down the drain.
Talbin swings his spear franticly around, albeit the wrong way around, and knock some more bones from the skeleton in front of him.

ooc: as a matter of fact, i -do- roll pretty good this time: attack: 16, damage: 3

-edit- i see i forgot to put Talbin's name in the IC rll, hope it's not a problem (i really really really need that roll!)

-edit2: how high is that altar?

Last edited:

Remove ads