HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)

HugeOgre

First Post
ooc: lets go ahead and roll initiative, so I can do surprise rounds without breaking the mood later.

The room beyond the front door of this dilapidated house is nearly 15 feet deep and twice as wide. The floor is obscured by a thick layer of dust, dirt, and vegetation. Broken glass litters the room, and several plants - some dead, some alive, consume a large portion of the room. Several cabinets and tables can be seen hidden amidst the green of the plants. A dingy and tattered curtain obscures what lies beyond an archway in the middle of the far wall.

The group, not seeing any immediate threats fans out as they pour into the room. The Dwarf takes up position just in front of the archway.

See attached map.

Attachments

• room1.jpg
    room1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 94

Gli'jar

First Post
"Who has the map? Are any objects located in this room?" Korash calls over his shoulder, squareing himself, carefully watching the archway, "Phoenix, Lookspring, check the plants, cabinets and under the tables there for hiding vermin, I've got the archway, I'll be removing this rag so we can see."

Initiative 16

OOC is the curtain's condition such that simply reaching forward and pulling it will tear it down or is it securly attached or it's condition warrants otherwise?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kamdar runs in last, after everyone else has already arrived. "Sorry about that! I guess I gave you guys better directions than I gave myself!" He gives a sheepish grin.

Initiative (1d20+3=5)

After discussing with the group, he decides that Korash's marching order sounds the most logical. He prepares his whip so that he can be effective from the middle rank.

Upon entering the room, Kamdar is shocked by the horrible condition of the room. "Man, they don't take care of anything! Hey, why don't we look in these cabinets? Or do you just want to move on?" Barring any disagreements, Kamdar will open a cabinet to see if he can find anything interesting.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix looks around the dump of a house and shrugs. She follows Korash's advice, checking around the plants and tables. Seeing Kamdar run in and start looking in the cabinets, she checks that off her list of places to search. "I don't remember if the boss said where these items were to be found exactly. We'll have to search this mess carefully. I think I'll need a bath after this place." Phoenix says, cutting through some of the dead plants with her mindblade.

Phoenix's initiative (1d20+2=17)

OOC: Without the original thread to check, can you remind us exactly what the important items were that we are supposed to be finding?

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Lookspring looks about the room to see where the light filters in from and where the dark corners are. "Some insects don't like the light, they'll be in the shadow, behind closed doors or under rotting vegetation." He then lowers himself to the ground and examines the layer of dust covering the ground. He scans the dirt for any tracks made by larger insects.

ooc - Initiative (1d20+3=5). Survival +6, and if he finds tracks, Know.Nature +4 to try to determine what made them

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kamdar looks dubious. "Um... you can look under the rotting vegetation, Lookspring."

(ooc: I'll be in NYC from 23rd to the 28th. Maybe I'll be able to check in every once in a while, not sure)

HugeOgre

First Post
Korash reached up and out to pull the tattered curtain from the doorway as the others set about searching the room. He jerked at it a couple of times, each time more of the curtain coming off in his hand and kicking up dust. Phoenix's eyes fall to a table, where she begins busily searching as Lookspring continues to look for sign on the floor. Suddenly, all hear the gnome Kamdar call out from his position near the cabinets. Looking up they see him take a step back as a swarm of centipedes pours out of the darkness under the cabinet - just as the ranger suggested they would.

Initiative order
Kamdar (surprise round) 5
Phoenix 17
Korash 15
Centipedes 14
Lookspring 5+
Kamdar 5
Tumna 4

[sblock=lookspring]there are numerous boot tracks across the dust, dirt, and vegetation that obscure any obvious signs of vermin tracks. The human tracks seem to head toward the door[/sblock]
[sblock=Tumna/Dalamar]You still with us?[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Bugs! I hate bugs!" Phoenix yells as she steps forward to slash her mindblade at the writhing mass of legs.

Phoenix attack=20 and dammage=6(1d20+4, 1d6+3=[16+4], [3+3])

OOC: Looks like since I used a comma instead of a semicolon it made two rolls of each for some reason. I assumed you'd want the first roll of the two to count.

OOC:Thanks, I didn't notice that numberical goof. I changed the number to correct.

Last edited:

Gli'jar

First Post
Phoenix attack=16 and dammage=3(1d20+4, 1d6+3=[16, 4], [3, 3])

OOC: Looks like since I used a comma instead of a semicolon it made two rolls of each for some reason. I assumed you'd want the first roll of the two to count.[/QUOTE]

OOC Mine did the same thing. What I figured after looking at the numbers is that it rolled each of the dice but did not add the modifiers. Look to your second roll, if it was your attack roll it is goofed since your minimum to hit is 5 and your minimum damage should be 4 by all accounts. So it makes sense then that your attack should be a 20 and your damage 6, adding each of the bracket numbers together. Just my two coppers, it is what I did.

Last edited:

Remove ads