Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Prologue

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

"Dirty coins and food...not much of a reward." After evaluating the loot for a moment, Robert concentrates his magic.

After a moment, the dirt crumble off of the coins, revealing the shiny silver and copper underneath.

"I'll be taking my share, if no one minds." He wastes no time grabbing a silver coin and four copper coins.[sblock=ooc]That was the Prestidigitation cantrip[/sblock]

Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Miri

"Kobolds versus gnolls... I'm almost glad they beat each other to death. Have you noticed the weird necklaces on the kobolds? I wonder if they mean something. Miri takes one of the triangular chalk necklaces off a kobold corpse and examines it. If nothing strange happens, she'll take a couple more.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Nothing untoward happens as you pick up a few of the necklaces. They are practically worthless, being little more than some rocks on a string, but they do seem to have had some significance to the kobolds.

mips42

Adventurer
Erevan

This does not seem right, somehow. "I hate to say it, but I'm skeptical of the obvious clues. Kobolds normally wouldn't attack gnolls, much less defeat them, unless they outnumbered them by three-to-one or more. Either there were a LOT more kobolds here or something else helped them.
'Even if that weren't the case, though, I'd still be in favor of checking out where the trail goes, even if it's just to make sure that we're not leaving behind a larger threat than the one we came to deal with.'

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

"A larger threat, huh? I don't see why not. Who knows, the village might be even more grateful...assuming you understand what I'm saying?" Robert says, with a bit of humor in his voice.

"If they're not, the kobolds should at least have a prize more interesting than this palmful of coins..." He shakes the coins in his hand as he says this, before putting them away in his coin pouch.

Brother Dave

First Post
"Kobolds versus gnolls... I'm almost glad they beat each other to death. Have you noticed the weird necklaces on the kobolds? I wonder if they mean something. Miri takes one of the triangular chalk necklaces off a kobold corpse and examines it. If nothing strange happens, she'll take a couple more.

Rolen uses two fingers to hand Erevan his fouled tunic, holding it well away from his body, then looks at the necklaces. "Y-yes, they are quite odd. That weasel had something like it around one of its legs, as well as a brand - a letter 'C' in draconic script. I believe it must have been a pet or mascot of sorts to the kobolds."

Rolen will also take one of the necklaces as a curiosity (assuming any are still available). He is a bit uncomfortable with the idea of taking a share of the coins, as he is still unsure of his status in the group and doesn't really understand adventuring party dynamics yet. However, he will take his share if offered, with a quick prayer of thanks to Sehanine Moonbow for the provenance.

mips42

Adventurer
"Yes, Robert, they may." Erevan takes the damaged shirt from Rolen, frowning, stuffs it into his pack and hurries to catch up to Robert and Renestrae.

Remove ads