INITIATIVE ORDER:

• Erevan - full HP, inspiration
  • Renestrae - full HP
  • Robert - full HP, mage armour, inspiration
  • Kerri - full HP
  • Miri - full HP, inspiration
  • Angry giant weasel - uninjured
  • Rolen - full HP

I'll say that Kerri shouted out her warning before initiative is rolled, so those acting ahead of her can choose to act upon her wishes (or not...)

mips42

Adventurer
Erevan

Seeing the weasel burst forth from the remains does nothing for keeping the questionable meal settled in his stomach and hearing Kerri admonition to not hurt the weasel seemed counter to their immediate needs. So Erevan quickly pulls his black shirt from his backpack, runs to where the weasel is and attempts to capture it using the shirt as a makeshift sack.

OOC: I'd like to defer inspiration to Kerri for the directive to not hurt the weasel.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
[OOC: I'll treat this as a grapple check - Erevan, make a STR (Athletics) check to be contested by the weasel's DEX (Acrobatics) check. Unless you want to use your inspiration to get Advantage here, you pass inspiration to Kerri.]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Erevan successfully wrangles the angry beast into his shirt, narrowly avoiding a nasty bite. The weasel shrieks and hisses as it writhes around in the makeshift sack, and it's contained for now - but if not dealt with before long, you worry the creature may be able to tear free of the material with it's claws or teeth.

[OOC: Weasel's DEX (Acrobatics) check = 6]

[Renestrae is up next]

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

Seeing that Erevan is struggling to keep the weasel in check, Robert starts concentrating his magic on it. Unlike the last time, he displays much better discipline and targets his spell at the thrashing weasel.

[sblock=Wild magic surge]Wild magic surge roll: 1D20 = [16] = 16 Nothing special happens[/sblock][sblock=Sleep max HP affected]Sleep max HP affected: 1D8 = [1] = 1
1D8 = [6] = 6
1D8 = [6] = 6
1D8 = [8] = 8
1D8 = [5] = 5

Total of 26 HP. Any target within that range falls asleep.[/sblock]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
As Robert finishes his spell, the thrashing and struggling stops. The only noises coming from the weasel are a barely audible but peaceful breathing. It's safe to assume it's now sleeping deeply, at least until the magic expires.

If you are careful with your handling, you should be ok to open up the (now rather torn) shirt and examine or release the weasel without it waking prematurely.

Kerri:
[sblock]From the weasel's reaction you think it was hostile because it's meal was interrupted. If it were to awake without anyone else near it, or if it was released somewhere else (not near the bodies), you don't think it would go out of it's way to attack again.[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Robert Weaving

[sblock=ooc]The magical effect lasts for 60 seconds[/sblock]

With an urgent look in his eyes, Robert says : "Whatever you decide, decide quickly. I have never gotten this spell to last more than a moment so the creature could awaken at any time."

Remove ads