Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Prologue

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: How long do we give [MENTION=13744]dream66_[/MENTION] to post Kerri's turn before we move on? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I'm just ready to play. :)

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
We could easily drop out of initiative sequence and go back to free form posting as the combat is over (for the next minute at least)? I didn't know if Kerri had something specific in mind for the weasel though.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Renestrae draws a dagger and approaches Robert and the Weasel (wouldn't the barmaid's minstrel love that title for one of his tales?). "Save your rations, we'll eat well tonight."

dream66_

First Post
OOC: Ouch I'm sorry sorry long weekend

"No! You do not wish to eat weasel, it will not be sasifying to you. Take her, release her in the bushes, and I will catch you a hare if you are hungry."

Kerri then goes to examine the gnolls.

OOC: Perception 1d20+3=18

Brother Dave

First Post
Rolen looks from Kerri, to Renestrae with her dagger, to Erevan holding the limp form of the weasel. He hesitates for a moment, then rolls his eyes. "Fine." He grabs the 'sack' with the weasel from Erevan and runs about 30 yards into the woods with it, holding it out from his body to avoid getting covered in gore. He unceremoniously rolls the weasel out of the shirt, makes sure it's not moving, then runs back to the group. "There, it's done."

mips42

Adventurer
Erevan

'I'd appreciate it if you'd return my tunic.' With that, Erevan will move cautiously into the clearing and begin inspecting the bodies to see if he can determine what caused the wounds and how long ago it may have happened.
'Once we're done here, we should follow the trail. We may be able to find who or what did this. There may, also, be more of them elsewhere.'

Li Shenron

Legend
Miri

Miri joins the others in the clearings but observes the handling of the weasel from a couple of meters of safe distance... she's used to handling more domesticated types of animals, but not so much creatures of the wilderness. Seeing that the comrades are taking care of the matter with ease, she continues her investigations of the battle scene.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Rolen takes the limp body of the sleeping weasel and lays it down gently, a short distance away. As you roll the creature out of the torn shirt you notice it has a brand of some sort on it's hind quarters - the Draconic letter 'C'. You also notice that the creature has a small bracelet around one limb, with tiny chalk beads - not dissimilar to the necklaces you noticed on the kobold corpses. This weasel was perhaps a pet or familiar of some kind.

As the beast begins to stir and awaken, you rejoin the group.

----------

Between you all, you make a thorough examination of the area. It definitely appears that a fight between the Gnolls and Kobolds took place recently, perhaps as recently as a day ago - you recall Henric's mention of shrieks and noises during the night.

All of the combatants have succumbed to injuries from each other's weapons - the Kobolds seem to have favoured daggers and slings, the Gnolls axes and javelins. The Gnolls were equipped with beartraps, and the area shows signs of animal activity. Possibly the two groups came to conflict while the Gnolls were setting traps in the area, or retrieving animals previously trapped.

This is borne out by the tracks in the area - several muddy footprints from both Gnoll and Kobold indicating a chaotic melee. It would be unusual for Kobolds to have attacked and slain a group of Gnolls, unless they decisively outnumbered their foe. It's likely that there was a larger group of Kobolds here when the fight broke out.

The Gnolls appear fairly unremarkable, clad in haphazard scraps of chain and leather armour. You find a handful of very dirty copper and silver pieces (19 copper, 5 silver) and some unpleasant looking dried meat amongst their possessions.

All of the kobolds are wearing shoddy clothes and crude necklaces - although the individual styles vary, they all feature sharp triangular chunks of chalk, or some similar white rock; resembling fangs, or claws perhaps. None of them appear to have any valuables or trinkets.

A trail, well used by the Gnolls, leads up river.

Remove ads