• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hold ray/Snatch arrows

emoplato

First Post
I was tooling along in the Complete arcane and I came upon the enlightened monk and I noticed the Hold ray ability. I know it is intended to give you the option to unleash the spell upon striking with an unarmed blow, but if one has this and the snatch arrows wouldn't they have foundations to not only deflect enemy rays but also catch use them right back?

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
RAW probably not. But I would totally allow it.

And there IS precedent for catching and hurling rays back at a caster. The Spell Reflection (iirc) alternate class feature in C.Mage lets you trade Evasion for the ability to turn a touch spell (melee or ranged) back on the caster if he fails to hit you with it a number of times per day. Based on your dex mod, so a LOT of times per day. :)

emoplato

First Post
RAW probably not. But I would totally allow it.

And there IS precedent for catching and hurling rays back at a caster. The Spell Reflection (iirc) alternate class feature in C.Mage lets you trade Evasion for the ability to turn a touch spell (melee or ranged) back on the caster if he fails to hit you with it a number of times per day. Based on your dex mod, so a LOT of times per day. :)
Yeah, but that means dodging away from it this all I have to do is roll attack for a DC 20 and of course all the other benefits. Not that it wouldn't be a nice back-up store though.

Remove ads