• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Holidays][PC] What will you be playing?

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
I've always followed the "what are you playing?" threads with interest. However, this time I'd like to know what you will be playing during the holidays.

I'm looking for a PC Game, you see, and I'd like to have suggestions... Holidays for me are usually a game fest, where I stop playing as the sun comes up...

If console players wish to start their own thread for console games, go right ahead! And sorry for the discrimination. :)

Civ IV seems interesting
Half-Life 2: Aftermath is only due out in 1Q2006.

Other than that I'm out of ideas...

Andargor

trancejeremy

Adventurer
It's been a pretty slow end of the year for games, I think.

I got the Movies a couple months ago. Fun at first, but the novelty wore off real quick.

I think Civ IV probably wins by default.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Indeed.

I just saw Thief: Deadly Shadows, which was released in 2004. I might give it a shot, since I was a big fan of the earlier incarnations.

Andargor

JimAde

First Post
I am way behind the curve on computer games, but I have reason to believe Santa will be bringing me the Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition. I've never played NWN and I'm looking forward to it.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
JimAde said:
I am way behind the curve on computer games, but I have reason to believe Santa will be bringing me the Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition. I've never played NWN and I'm looking forward to it.

I enjoyed NWN, although SoA is a little bland. HotU was great, though. Make sure you check out the mods for NWN, a lot of great ones. Almost infinite replayability.

http://nwvault.ign.com (the ads are a PITA though, and crap out on Firefox, probably because I've blocked cookies)

And I dropped by a couple of stores on my way home. These were my choices:

- Civ IV
- Thief: Deadly Shadows (bargain bin)
- Far Cry (bargain bin)

Many weeks of joy! :)

Andargor

Zulithe

Explorer
Anyone played Black & White 2? Thoughts? I was looking at it today and might pick it up. I was debating between it or Dragonshard. I can't decide.

Or i might just go the super cheap route and get Elder Scrolls III "Game of the Year edition" which has all of the expansions with it for only $20. Not bad!

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
I was playing Civ 4 up until last week. I figured I'd give it a break for a while.

Then re-started on Dungeon Siege 2. Sad thing is I had to go to Gamefaqs to figure out how to use a command that didn't get explained in the manual.

Now, however, I'll probably be playing WoW for a while. Just installed Friday night. Quite fun.

Brad

Remove ads