D&D 5E Homebrew Cleric Domain: LGBT Domain (Positive & Respectful)

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Wow, I would go with ecstacy which makes one friendlier I hear and not a roofie which knows you out.

You take ecstacy to make yourself feel better. You give someone a roofie without their knowledge in order to make them more compliant, and they are generally hostile towards you once they realize what has happened.

Which one sounds more like what the Friends cantrip does? I quoted the text of the spell in my first post.

mellored

Legend
You have your spell level's wrong. Cleric's get domian spells at cleric level 1,3,5,7,9 giving spell levels 1,2,3,4,5. Not spell levels 1,3,5,7,9. That's significantly more powerful.

I wouldn't have both life cleric's bonus and aura of vitality. They combo too well. You could replace the disipline of life with the extra higher level spells if you wanted to keep those higher level spells.
Calm Emotions, zone of truth, aura of life, freedom of movment seems like it would fit. Possibly hypnotic pattern. Also, polymorph and true polymorph if your keeping the extra spells.

Also, IMO.

Level 6: Circle of Respect: You can spend 10 minute setting up a zone of safety in a 30' radius. The zone is filled with a soft light of slowly shifting colors. All creatures inside are under the effects of the Sanctuary spell. In addition, creatures in the zone have disadvantage on wisdom saves to break the sanctuary, deception checks, and intimidation checks. The zone lasts until you leave, or until a creature in the zone performs a hostile action.

Level 17: Lingering Dignity: When your Circle of Respect ends, each creature, including you, keeps the effects of the Sanctuary spell until they take a short or long rest. The spell can still end as normal, and immidatly does so for a creature who broke the circle with violence.

Last edited:

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Maybe get Rope Trick and Hallucinatory Terrain in there, perhaps in place of Aura of Vitality and Reincarnation. Safe Spaces and pleasant settings abound!

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
You take ecstacy to make yourself feel better. You give someone a roofie without their knowledge in order to make them more compliant, and they are generally hostile towards you once they realize what has happened.

Which one sounds more like what the Friends cantrip does? I quoted the text of the spell in my first post.

Got to agree. If you're popping a pill along with your pals, then good luck, stay safe and enjoy. However, if you're using magics to mentally rob folks of their faculties without their consent then.. ...yeah.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I like the idea. It's essentially a Love or Tolerance Domain. Or probably some better word I can't think of.

is Peace Domain too hippie?

gyor

Legend

I thought foodies just made you, sleep (I don't do drugs) also I've heard people on Ecstacy get all touchy freely and love everyone.

Nevvur

Explorer
I think an anti-LGBT person could make this exact same domain to belittle the community. "lulz they get rainbows and safe spaces"

This does not get a pass in my book just because it was made by a member of said community, of which I too am part. The other domains reduce very large concepts into signature abilities, but doing the same thing to a group of people is courting offense. Imagine making a domain for any other marginalized group of people.

Remove ads