D&D 5E Homebrew Cleric Domain: LGBT Domain (Positive & Respectful)

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I don't see the need for a Domain to achieve this goal, it should be an individual Cleric. IIRC, you can choose/change your spells each day so you can work out the bugs / test alternative options as you play.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Imagine making a domain for any other marginalized group of people.
I can imagine creating a Domain based on a 'passing familiarity' level of knowledge (as in 'I saw a show about The XYZ People on National Geographic Channel') that has nothing to do with the real living individuals. "Look what a good person I am and see how much I care!" "Umm, we need to have a talk..."

For instance, an American Indian domain that looks like a Druid 'because they are close to nature', is shallow and foolish. (For one reason among many, the various tribes had different cultures and recognized each other as being different.)

Ganymede81

First Post
Good lord, I'd be spamming Anti-hostility every single turn in combat. Also, the ability to cast 9th level spells at 5th level slots is absolutely insane.

I also don't get the theme at all. Based on the following posts, it seems based on puns.

flametitan

Explorer
To be honest, aside from some ability names, colour spray, and maybe shapechange (which I assume is supposed to be the legally required one nod to acknowledge trans people fall under his umbrella), I don't really see what makes this an LGBT domain, let alone something that isn't meant to be a joke class.

OB1

Jedi Master
This is a quick, somewhat lazy, and most likely broken domain, but I was inspired to try and will improve based on feedback. It is a hybrid Life/Light Domain with its own set of domain spells, and homebrew abilities at 6th and 17th level. Enjoy!

LGBT Cleric Domain:

Domain Spells:
1: Sanctuary, Color Spray
3: Beacon of Hope, Aura of Vitality
5: Reincarnate, Dream
7: Simulacrum, Prismatic Spray
9: Astral Projection, Shape Change

LV 1: Bonus Cantrip: Guidance

Lv 1: Disciple of Life: As Life Domain.

Lv 2: Channel Divinity: Radiance of the Dawn: As Light Domain.

Lv 6: Blessing of the Ally: When an ally within 30 feet of you fails a save you can motivate them to reroll and take the higher result. This has a number of uses per long rest equal to your wisdom modifier.

Lv 8: Potent Spellcasting: As Light Domain.

Lv 17: Anti-Hostility: You can use your action to make all hostile targets in a 60 ft radius make a charisma save. On a success they have disadvantage on their next attack against you. On a fail they lose all will to fight and become friendly to you for a number of hours equal to you wisdom modifier.

Beautiful concept. Thank you for posting this!

Instead of poaching from existing classes, here are a couple of ideas to mull over.

Lv1 Beacon of Hope. When you cast bless, those affected can take either the result of the roll or 1/2 your wisdom modifier rounded up. (May need to limit to saving throws)

Lv2 channel divinity - Alter Selves - you and a number of willing creatures equal to you wisdom modifier gain the effect of the Alter Self spell without requiring your concentration.

Level 8 - potent healing - all healing spells are cast as if you were using a slot one level higher.

Finally, could I suggest calling this the Community Domain? I think that is more in line with the naming conventions of the current domains while still keeping the connection to LGBT and is just as if not more inclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

MiraMels

Explorer
Homebrew Cleric Domain: LGBT Domain (Positive & Respectful)

This is fun and lighthearted, I like it.

But you'll be happy to know that actually there are only two non-LGBT domains, War and Death. All the other published domains, including the new ones in Xanathar's Guide to Everything, are LGBT-exclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Yaarel

He Mage
This is a quick, somewhat lazy, and most likely broken domain, but I was inspired to try and will improve based on feedback. It is a hybrid Life/Light Domain with its own set of domain spells, and homebrew abilities at 6th and 17th level. Enjoy!

LGBT Cleric Domain:

Domain Spells:
1: Sanctuary, Color Spray
3: Beacon of Hope, Aura of Vitality
5: Reincarnate, Dream
7: Simulacrum, Prismatic Spray
9: Astral Projection, Shape Change

LV 1: Bonus Cantrip: Guidance

Lv 1: Disciple of Life: As Life Domain.

Lv 2: Channel Divinity: Radiance of the Dawn: As Light Domain.

Lv 6: Blessing of the Ally: When an ally within 30 feet of you fails a save you can motivate them to reroll and take the higher result. This has a number of uses per long rest equal to your wisdom modifier.

Lv 8: Potent Spellcasting: As Light Domain.

Lv 17: Anti-Hostility: You can use your action to make all hostile targets in a 60 ft radius make a charisma save. On a success they have disadvantage on their next attack against you. On a fail they lose all will to fight and become friendly to you for a number of hours equal to you wisdom modifier.

LOL! If I were going to create an LGBT domain, it would include Charm, Domination, Alter Self, Telepathic Bond, and other spells that might be interesting for sex.

Yaarel

He Mage
There can be a domain relating to heterosexuality, especially relating marriage blessing, and sometimes extending to associated concepts, such as fertility worship (fecundity, harvest, livestock), wifely duties and the central hearth fireplace for heating and cooking, or so on.

A domain relating to homosexuality, would include blessings for a more egalitarian kind of marriage where spousal partners are equal in rights and responsibilities. It might extend to concepts such as altruism, where an LGBT family is likely to care for children from other families, sometimes from their own extend family, or even orphan children or so on.

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
Yes. Safe Spaces, Rainbows, Perseverance, and Fluid Definitions was my exact aim.

As to what I am trying to accomplish: I thought it would be fun. I'm a member of the LGBT community and was in a creative/contemplative mood while listening to a d&d podcast and surfing Tumblr, and the idea hit me so I was like "Hey, why not?" So yeah.
Was aiming to clarify if you were simply theorizing, home brewing, writing for the DM's Guild, or otherwise had a focus for your inspiration.

:)

LGBT and self-expression go hand in hand so any deity you think would fit could work I suppose.
Personally, I think the following deities would work (going off the description in the back of the PHB)
  • Forgotten Realms: Eldath, Lathander, Lliira, Sune, and Torm
  • Greyhawk: Pelor and Rao
  • Dragonlance: Mishakal and Sirrion
  • Eberron: Boldrei, The Traveller, The Path of Light, and The Silver Flame
  • Celtic: Diancecht and Belenus
  • Greek: Aphrodite, Apollo, Dionysus, Hera, and Hestia
  • Egyptian: Bast, Hathor, Isis, Osiris, and Ptah
  • Norse: Balder, Freya, Frigga, Heimdall
  • Not Listed: I noticed some deities from the 4 real-world religions weren't listed but would fit:
    • Aphroditus (Greek god of union of men and women
    • Cliodhna (Celtic banshee goddess of love and beauty)
    • Lofn (Norse goddess of forbidden loves)
    • Eros (Greek god of Love)
I'll second [MENTION=6670153]gyor[/MENTION]'s mention of Llirra as a perfect deity!

mrpopstar

Sparkly Dude
There can be a domain relating to heterosexuality, especially relating marriage blessing, and sometimes extending to associated concepts, such as fertility worship (fecundity, harvest, livestock), wifely duties and the central hearth fireplace for heating and cooking, or so on.
The heterosexuality domain's emphasis on wifely duties screams patriarchy, evil, and cultists.

;)

Remove ads