D&D 5E Homebrew Giant Elites

dave2008

Legend
Sure, no problem.

Hopefully I'll get some time soon to finish up a few more types I want to add in, at least a couple more storm giant types as well as a fire giant type...

Great! FYI, I forgot to mention I will of course credit you and link to your original post. Thank you so much!

dave2008

Legend
Any chance you could (both) make these excellent projects available on Google Docs or similar, if not already done?

When I get a few more entry's in my thread (which will eventually include [MENTION=6801060]Demetrios1453[/MENTION] giants) I will add a PDF version to the downloads section of this website. Probably the end of March or April. I can make a google doc too, but I probably would not update that as often.

I have already done that for the Epic Monster Updates.

Actually playtested the cloud giant count today as Countess Sansuri in my SKT campaign, and I have to admit she really put the hurt on them before they knocked her below half hit points and she fled. The fog cloud bonus action followed by casting fly, turning her into an obscured spell casting flyer really made it difficult to hit her. That, and the reverse gravity which made them sitting targets on the ceiling for the cloud giant guards tossing rocks at them. I only wish my party hadn't so quickly murdered my frost giant jarl and fire giant duke..

Sent from my VS987 using EN World mobile app

Motorskills

Explorer
The Cloud Giant Oathguard doesn't allow Smite "spike" damage (i.e. via burning spell slots). Was that deliberate?

(But I'm thinking the damage might be tepid compared to a smallkin paladin's anyway, so maybe better to just keep the spells as spells...?)

practicalm

Explorer
I've used the Stone Giants elites and the Cloud Giant elites and they both gave the party a new fear of giants. The party loved the description of the Stone Giant Runecarver with his spells written into his body.

I've used the Stone Giants elites and the Cloud Giant elites and they both gave the party a new fear of giants. The party loved the description of the Stone Giant Runecarver with his spells written into his body.

I used the Cloud Giant Count for Sansuri in SKT, and my self-assured party ended up jumping out of the hole in her throne room in utter fear after thinking they could take her on!

Remove ads