• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Homebrew Worlds - 2nd Annual "For-Fun" Vote!

Turjan said:
Well, just citing from the first post:
"If you know of a Homebrew that you believe should be on this list then post a vote for it with the name of the homebrew, who runs it, and an associated link."
Yeah, but all the voting was done six months ago. Is this just an update? How many votes qualifies to get a setting on there? Am I supposed to nominate my own webpage? Are we supposed to vote and rank the homebrews on the original list? (if so, my votes go to Barsoom and Palaestra).

It's not at all clear what the next steps are; and if there's anything I've learned here at work, you need to make your next steps clear or nothing gets done. :)

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Joshua Dyal said:
Yeah, but all the voting was done six months ago. Is this just an update? How many votes qualifies to get a setting on there? Am I supposed to nominate my own webpage? Are we supposed to vote and rank the homebrews on the original list? (if so, my votes go to Barsoom and Palaestra).

It's not at all clear what the next steps are; and if there's anything I've learned here at work, you need to make your next steps clear or nothing gets done. :)

Yeah, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

The campaigns voted in six months ago are already in. You could call this the second annual vote off. This is to expand the knowledge of all the great EN Worlder hombrews out there. You shouldn't be voting for the homebrews from last year, as we want to highlight some of the great new stories and campaigns, which have come up in the last six months. (You can chime in and say how much you like the ones that are already voted in, if you like.)

The steps/rules are the same as last time. Any homebrew campaign voted for needs the name(s) of the creator(s), name of the setting, and an associated link to somewhere on the web. The one main restrictions is that a DM cannot vote for his own homebrew.

Also, the last time I did this, there was some concern that it was too biased towards homebrews with websites. As a result, any homebrew that got 5 or more votes and had at least one consistent story hour thread, counted. For this one, I think 3 votes is better than 5.

Sep's Wyre campaign qualified this way, although now I've created a Yahoo Group in honor of the campaign. It was this little "for the fun of it" contest that exposed me to Wyre and Sep's story hours. (And am I ever happy it did.)

Also, for this round of voting, I'm opening up the concept of voting for favorite homebrew PBP games from the Playing the Game forum. (Some of those are as good as the story hours.)

Campaigns don't have to be D&D/d20 specific, although for this list they should be fantasy inspired, not sci-fi inspired. Of course, there is a middle ground such as with Barasoom by barasoomcore. Thus, pulp fantasy and/or steampunk would be fine. A good sounding board is the new D&D Eberron Campaign Setting. That type of setting would be as powered up as one could get before it's not really fantasy anymore, IMO.

If you need more clarification then feel free to ask. Also, remember, this is mainly for fun and helping provide exposure to the great homebrews out there.

Cheers!

Knightfall1972

Last edited:

Eosin the Red

First Post
Well if folks want to take a look at my homebrew writing...and idea machine I have it all in this forum.. It is housed there until I finish designing this website.

I have used some ideas posted there that I am thieving from several of the recent threads from ENWorld [Coolest Weapon Names, Monster Origins, and 2 of Rhialto's NPCs [used with permission]].

EDITED ---- Been to Joshua's site pretty often just to watch him use the "Dungeoncraft Articles." Good stuff.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Eosin the Red said:
Well if folks want to take a look at my homebrew writing...and idea machine I have it all in this forum.. It is housed there until I finish designingthis website.

I'll have to take a look this weekend. Thanks for sharing EtR.

Eosin the Red said:
I have used some ideas posted there that I am thieving from several of the recent threads from ENWorld [Coolest Weapon Names, Monster Origins, and 2 of Rhialto's NPCs [used with permission]].

Yo know, its amazing how much us web-savvy EN Worlder's share with each other. I personally have borrowed w/ permission ideas from Piratecat and the Jester's campaigns, as well as several others.

Knightfall1972 said:
Campaigns don't have to be D&D/d20 specific, although for this list they should be fantasy inspired, not sci-fi inspired. Of course, there is a middle ground such as with Barsoom by barsoomcore. Thus, pulp fantasy and/or steampunk would be fine. A good sounding board is the new D&D Eberron Campaign Setting. That type of setting would be as powered up as one could get before it's not really fantasy anymore, IMO.
I'm not sure I understand that restriction -- Eberron is clearly just as much fantasy as, say, FR. It's a different kind of fantasy, true, but that doesn't make it less fantastic. Not only that, you have some settings on there already that are more deviant (in regards to "traditional D&D conventions") than Eberron already.

And for that matter, it could be argued that some official D&D settings (Dark Sun comes to mind) did so as well.

Eosin the Red said:
EDITED ---- Been to Joshua's site pretty often just to watch him use the "Dungeoncraft Articles." Good stuff.
Hey, thanks! It's nice to hear people read those. I guess I probably should go and do the next step now, shouldn't I?

Remove ads