D&D Movie/TV Honor Among Thieves Funko Pops announced

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
jbareham_230118_ply1072_funko_0001.0.jpg

From Polygon:

Polygon said:
Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, the movie based on the tabletop role-playing game and cultural phenomena, is getting its own line of Funko Pops. There are seven of the bug-eyed vinyl figurines in all, each based on a character from the movie. They are: Edgin, Holga, Simon, Doric, Xenk, Forge, and Red Dragon.

Funko announced the new figurines on Wednesday, and all the figurines are available for pre-order now. The standard size Funkos cost $12 and jumbo-sized dragon costs $29.96. All the figurines are available at GameStop, except for the Jumbo Pop! Red Dragon which is coming as an Walmart exclusive.

Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves is a forthcoming movie starring Chris Pine, Hugh Grant, Sophia Lillis, Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith, and Regé-Jean Page. So far, the trailers have shown us heist antics that actually seem to embody the spirit of sitting around a table and playing Dungeons and Dragons with friends. The movie is set to be released in theaters March 3, 2023.
These don't appear to come with the d20s that many of the previous Funko Pop D&D figures did, which is a shame.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'd like to boycott these because of the OGL trainwreck, but it's hollow when I wouldn't have bought them anyway.
I'm mildly surprised that Funko Pops are still a thing, but it may be working from home is coloring my perception. When I worked out of the office, several folks' cubicles looked like warehouse space for Funko.

Once I'd done my purge of office stuff when I got set up at home, I only kept my gelatinous cube Funko, which lives on my game bookcase.

44d8ee09c0b3498357c1c572547844ca.jpg

Last edited:

I'm sure there will be movie tie-in products that I actually have to restrain myself from buying and have some sort of internal boycott-related debate about, but funko pops I just don't understand the appeal of.

I mean yes, I understand why one funko-fied character, alone, is potentially a cute figurine, but people collect them and when you get several together it really emphasizes how the uninteresting, low-detail face takes up most of the space. In collections I just find them hideous.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I'm sure there will be movie tie-in products that I actually have to restrain myself from buying and have some sort of internal boycott-related debate about, but funko pops I just don't understand the appeal of.

I mean yes, I understand why one funko-fied character, alone, is potentially a cute figurine, but people collect them and when you get several together it really emphasizes how the uninteresting, low-detail face takes up most of the space. In collections I just find them hideous.
The whole collection mindset is a whole big thing. I don't understand it myself, but then, my dad was in the military, and I couldn't collect anything that wouldn't fit into a single large box when we moved next summer or the summer after that anyway.

Last edited:

Remove ads