D&D 5E Honor Among Thieves Character Stats

D&D Beyond has published the official game statistics for various characters from the upcoming D&D: Honor Among Thieves movie. The collection includes stats for Doric, Edgin Darvis, Forge Fitzwilliam, Holga Kilgore, Simon Aumar, Sofina, and Xenk Yendar. https://www.dndbeyond.com/claim/source/tg?icid_source=house-ads&icid_medium=tg&icid_campaign=redemption

D&D Beyond has published the official game statistics for various characters from the upcoming D&D: Honor Among Thieves movie.

The collection includes stats for Doric, Edgin Darvis, Forge Fitzwilliam, Holga Kilgore, Simon Aumar, Sofina, and Xenk Yendar.

638120143799885947.jpeg

Bagpuss

Legend
Interesting Holga is just Medium Humanoid nothing in brackets afterwards, no class (which I assume is Barbarian) and not a dwarf as some suspected.

Did a sensitivity reader have issues with "Barbarian" or did they just forget?

Remathilis

Legend
Interesting Holga is just Medium Humanoid nothing in brackets afterwards, no class (which I assume is Barbarian) and not a dwarf as some suspected.

Did a sensitivity reader have issues with "Barbarian" or did they just forget?
It's a weird thing they started doing with stat blocks: they only list a class if it's a spellcasting class and the description is only to address what magical items the npc can attune to. (Additionally, it's only listed if the name didn't make it clear, such as "Red Wizard of Thay" doesn't need the additional wizard tag since wizard is in the name).

The tags are 95% useless aside from telling you if the npc can attune with a staff of healing or such, it gives no direct insight into the NPCs abilities. Further, martial classes don't have similar tags. (Note Forge doesn't have a Rogue tag). Don't read too much into their addition or omission.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
These aren't "character sheets", these are the stupid 5e monster stats (sorry, 3e had it correct having PCs and monsters use mostly similar rules) for these characters. Along with that insane "monster caster stat block" they're pushing on DMs. The casters should have caster level and spell slots (in case they want to scale their spells, for example) and no Druid with 100+ hp should have a handful of spells to cast. We're implying a Druid of about 15th-level with that kind of hp.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
Well they are not really RAW classes are they. The spellcasters in particular are heavily nerfed.
It's cause they're using the enforced "monster caster" stat blocks WotC recently pushed on everyone instead of the original "caster level and spell slot" one that's WAY more DM friendly.

Erdric Dragin

Adventurer
So does that reconcile the whole "wildshape into an owlbear" thing? I don't have a DDB account, so I haven't looked at the document, but I'm a little curious.
It doesn't because these "sheets" aren't really character sheets, they're monster stat blocks so anything goes.

Except for magic, cause caster type monsters are nerfed heavily in 5e now no thanks to that Mordenkainen Multiverse books

Bagpuss

Legend
sorry, 3e had it correct having PCs and monsters use mostly similar rules
Nah that was a nightmare as a GM, loads of points stuff you were meant to do to follow character rules, and most of it would never actually come up in play. As it meant any ability you gave to a NPC you also had to allow players to get somehow, which causes all sorts of problems. You big bad needs to be able to fight four to six characters at once, but you give them something to do that and a player get hold of it, it becomes a headache.

So glad they spilt the two up.

Stalker0

Legend
Nah that was a nightmare as a GM, loads of points stuff you were meant to do to follow character rules, and most of it would never actually come up in play. As it meant any ability you gave to a NPC you also had to allow players to get somehow, which causes all sorts of problems. You big bad needs to be able to fight four to six characters at once, but you give them something to do that and a player get hold of it, it becomes a headache.

100% agreed

jhilahd

Explorer
Looking these over and they're fun, right. And Simon is a descendant of Elminster... like child or grandchild or great-grandchild?

Ghost2020

Adventurer

Same here. That was a nice feature of 4e. I basically need AC, HP\HD, Attack info, special qualities, move. Not much else beyond that.
With 3rd edition, I didn't want to deal with feats for high level bad guys and monsters. They rarely came into play anyway. This was a deal breaker for me getting into Mutants and Masterminds, a wall of feats that I have to double check, in addition to powers.

These are just fine as monster stat blocks.

Thasniayoob

Villager
The seven stat blocks provided run the gamut of races and character classes known to the world of D&D, including Doric the tiefling and Simon Aumar the sorcerer, and even include cartoon art for each character, like Holga Kilgore the barbarian who unmistakably looks like Fast & Furious' Michelle Rodriguez.

watch stories

cc generator

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads