D&D Movie/TV How to make characters like in Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Edgin: Level 6 Champion Fighter, Varient Human, with the Magic Initiate, Tavern Brawler, and Inspiring Leader feats.
I don't recall him using magic in the film. He could just be a regular human fighter. Tavern Brawler certainly would fit as a feat for several of these characters, though, good call.

DataDwarf

Explorer
I don't recall him using magic in the film. He could just be a regular human fighter. Tavern Brawler certainly would fit as a feat for several of these characters, though, good call.
I picked magic initiate simply because he is supposed to be a bard, but really isn't in the true sense of the class, so I wanted to give him some magic. Probably would be better to switch it out with the Actor feat.

Bagpuss

Legend
Okay. The very first thing you do is pick a class. Then you pick one single thing the class can do, and that's all you do. Barbarians are only strong and rage. Druids only wild shape. Wizards only cast spells(he got the best deal, which is why they hamstrung him for most of the movie), and the rogue/bard can only sing. :)

Call that singing? You're being generous.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Not sure I agree. Though not specifically called out, I saw a few situations where Edgen's charm may have come from a Friends or a Charm Person spell. His speeches to Simon before a couple of critical moments can also be seen as giving Bardic Inspiration. At the end of the day, a Bard is primarily defined by how they help the other members of their group succeed in a variety of ways, so if that sounds fun, definitely go with Bard (I would say College of Valor)!

Did he waggle his fingers and utter arcane words to cast these Friends or Charm spells?

Remove ads