• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 How can I convert my 3.5e group to Pathfinder?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Are you the GM? Start running Pathfinder, let them know you'll help them convert their PCs whenever they feel like it.
As the dm to slow convert is a perfect way to convert! i will give you an xp after midnight, as I have given al I can give right now.

very good way to show the system!! I would start with race conversions as Humans get a +2 to one attribute.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
As per Aus Snow's post, the players already like class to 20, so when they see all the improvements like the rogues tricks, the fighters weapon and armor imprvements, the wizards improvements and lwt us not for get the variaaty of bloodlines for scorcerers, just as what i see off the bat, These players will love the new system evedn better!

Mighty Halfling, you would be hard presssed to find more of this quality of advice here.

PieAndDragon

Duncan T
Just offer to run a 1st level adventure of Pathfinder so that they can try it out. Convert an existing adventure or use one of the excellent Paizo ones.
They get to see how its changed, and if they like it enough, you have a group of adventurers ready to find more adventure.

Rawhide

First Post
If they are worries Paizo's version of the game isn't going to be balanced compared to WotC's, in other words if they think the designers aren't as good, show them some names. Erik Mona. Sean K Reynolds. Stephen Radney-MacFarland. Heck, even Wesley Schneider and Jason Buhlman did some WotC design work.

So really, paizo's staff is WotC's staff, just the staff still working on a 3.x version of D&D.

Aus_Snow

First Post
If they are worries Paizo's version of the game isn't going to be balanced compared to WotC's, in other words if they think the designers aren't as good, show them some names. Erik Mona. Sean K Reynolds. Stephen Radney-MacFarland. Heck, even Wesley Schneider and Jason Buhlman did some WotC design work.

So really, paizo's staff is WotC's staff, just the staff still working on a 3.x version of D&D.
Indeed. And hey, Monte Cook is (was?) a design consultant for PF too.

Jhaelen

First Post

Except balancing game mechanics is not the job of a game designer. That's what the game developers do. The designers are the ones responsible for the 'fluff'.

I don't think Erik Mona had any hand in the rules of D&D 3e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads