• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How do you store your Dungeon Tiles?

lukelightning

First Post
I keep mine in a clear plastic docket thingy. One of those "held closed by a string that you wrap around a dongle" thingamabobs.

Yes, those are technical terms.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
I've got a big square tin from one of those "10 Family games in one" sets. It's about a foot by a foot by about 4 inches deep. I store the larger room sections flat on the bottom, and all the smaller ones are sorted by size and in ziplock bags.

I had an experience a little while back where one of my larger tiles warped slightly from being stored on end...so I like to lay the big ones flat.

mearls

Hero
I was in a arts and crafts store with my fiance the week after Christmas, and they had a sale on plastic boxes that were about 9 x 12 inches, and 3 inches deep. I use one box for my two or three sets of each release so far, with smaller pieces kept in ziplock bags. They work out pretty well.

Plano 777 Tackle Box.

Seen Here

I use the Top for Dice.

You can cut a notch out of the Top Plastic Dividers & all the Big Tiles fit Perfectly.

The 4x4, 2x4, & 2x2 All fit in the Side Container. All the little bits fit in the Small Trays included.

I found some deep trays for the center section I carry minis in.

Overall, I have a Mobile DM station I carry around.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Kae'Yoss said:
Compartment box. I have exactly the right kind: There's compartments that are just the right size for 2x4 tiles, for 2x2 tiles, for 1x2 tiles, and something for all but the very biggest tiles.

That sounds awesome. Where do you get one?

tylermalan

First Post
Well, I just went out and bought a 3-ring binder, some plastic page-protectors, and some plastic trading card holders (you know, the ones that are 9 slots per page, each slot the size of a... trading card). I have to say, that it works out pretty well. I haven't used it during a session yet, but I can already tell that its going to be pretty convenient. I can flip through the pages pretty fast and can see the front and back of each tile.

tylermalan said:
Well, I just went out and bought a 3-ring binder, some plastic page-protectors, and some plastic trading card holders (you know, the ones that are 9 slots per page, each slot the size of a... trading card). I have to say, that it works out pretty well. I haven't used it during a session yet, but I can already tell that its going to be pretty convenient. I can flip through the pages pretty fast and can see the front and back of each tile.

I might give this a go for mine. I already have the binder and page protectors anyway. All I would have to get would be the plastic trading card holders.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads