D&D General How is Lore & Legends?

Mercador

Adventurer
Hello! While seeing they are doing a book for the making of D&D, I learned the existence of Lore & Legends. I really loved Art & Arcana, read it fully in 2 or 3 sittings. Is Lore & Legends as good as Art & Arcana? Worth trying getting it on Amazon and hoping it won't be too damaged? Thanks!

Hello! While seeing they are doing a book for the making of D&D, I learned the existence of Lore & Legends. I really loved Art & Arcana, read it fully in 2 or 3 sittings. Is Lore & Legends as good as Art & Arcana? Worth trying getting it on Amazon and hoping it won't be too damaged? Thanks!

Its a giant puff piece on the History of 5e, with abunch 5e art, mostly covers of stuff. Not really worth buying IMHO, unless its the special edition where you get the only 5e map of Faerun.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
It's a gigantic piece of ad copy, explaining how all the things that happened with D&D in the past ten years have all been the best things ever, and how you can't really choose which publication in the past 10 years is your favorite, because they are all your favorite - even the stuff they canceled (Dragon+) or deprecated (Volo's) was pretty much perfect if you think about it.

Stick with Art & Arcana.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
all the things that happened with D&D in the past ten years have all been the best things ever, and how you can't really choose which publication in the past 10 years is your favorite, because they are all your favorite - even the stuff they canceled (Dragon+) or deprecated (Volo's) was pretty much perfect if you think about it.
I mean...no lies detected.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Those are all fair criticisms. But. I own the book and it's beautiful.
What I'm curious about is, does the book break down some numbers about how successful 5E has actually been? Because of the authors, Kyle Newman, has made some confident assertions about thar in recent interviews, and I'm curious if they provide any details about, say, player demographics.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I have only skimmed the book and enjoyed the art. I don't recall much detail regarding sales numbers. It is a fan service book, not a history book. If you enjoyed 5e's run and want a coffee table book to page through it is fine.

Remove ads