• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Many Boosters/Cases Do You Buy Of Each Set?

Sammael

Adventurer
I used to buy 1 case + occasional booster + singles, now I only buy singles. Much more efficient and considerably cheaper.

I generally order 3 cases upfront then over the course of a year buy another 12 boosters (4th case).

Due to mounting finiancial issues, Unhallowed may be limited to 2 cases upfront this year.....

The March release is never a smooth one for me.

Diaglo- I wasn't too far behind you on Harbinger which is a scary thought indeed! I was close to 60 boosters and about 8 starters.

kilamanjaro

First Post
I bought 5 cases of Harbinger plus 4 starters, 3 cases of every set since with 1 starter where applicable, until War of the Dragon and Blood War where I've dropped down to two cases. Two cases and trades makes it pretty easy to complete a set.

Zaukrie said:
Well, since I've been busy and bad, and not come through for Olaf on letting him know what extras I have for sale, hopefully he'll forgive me and.....I'll still post anyway.

We buy 1 case in my house (my kids each get 2 booster, I get 8). I also play in 1-3 pre-release or draft events each set. I usually buy whatever the best 2-5 uncommons are in bulk the day after they are released, either from a store near my, or from Auggie. I usually dip in for 2-5 more rare minis also, some for me, some for the kids. I can use their minis for RPG or DDM. I've tried to convince them to consoidate collections, but they like to have their own minis.

I'll let it go...this time... :D

I actually have to send you another updated list now of the minis that I want. I have bought a couple of boosters and some single online since I last e-mailed you. Plus I went through the adventure that I'm planning to run next and found that I needed some other minis too!

Damn plasticrack!

Olaf the Stout

diaglo said:
i bought 80 boosters for the harbingers, 40 for the next set, 20 for the third, and then less since but on avg about 8 boosters.

i also bought 4 of each of the starter sets (all versions) and at least 1 boxed set of the basic games.

plus a few individual minis on ebay or other auction sites. just to get an idea of how it is done.

And this coming from the guy who told me to buy lead minis instead of plastic ones when I asked what mini set I should start my collection from! :D ;)

Between mini and RPG books, do you have any room left in your house diaglo?

Olaf the Stout

DaveyJones

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
And this coming from the guy who told me to buy lead minis instead of plastic ones when I asked what mini set I should start my collection from! :D ;)

Between mini and RPG books, do you have any room left in your house diaglo?

Olaf the Stout
ask him about his dice collection. ;)

Bagpuss

Legend
Somewhere between 4-6 boosters from a set, I bought half a case from the earlier sets, but then the discount deals in the UK just disappeared. Now unless you get a preorder from Amazon.co.uk, it's either full price plus postage (which is stupidly expensive) or order from the US in bulk and I can't afford to buy like that. Often there just isn't enough supply over here, certainly not enough to support a competitive singles market.

Cloudreaver common is £2 ($4) at most place (if you can find it), thanks to Savage Tide, other commons range from 75p to £1 ($1.5 to $2).

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
For me it depends on the set.

I bought 0 cases of War Drums - I only bought the singles I wanted and a set of commons and uncommons on e-bay. (Aberrations and War Drums are my least favorite sets - by far.)

I bought 3 cases (6/case) of War of the Dragon Queen + singles I wanted on e-bay.

I bought 2 cases (12/case) and 3 boosters of Blood War + singles I wanted on e-bay.

For Unhallowed, I'm leaning towards buying 1 case + singles I want on e-bay.

Bagpuss said:
Somewhere between 4-6 boosters from a set, I bought half a case from the earlier sets, but then the discount deals in the UK just disappeared. Now unless you get a preorder from Amazon.co.uk, it's either full price plus postage (which is stupidly expensive) or order from the US in bulk and I can't afford to buy like that. Often there just isn't enough supply over here, certainly not enough to support a competitive singles market.

Cloudreaver common is £2 ($4) at most place (if you can find it), thanks to Savage Tide, other commons range from 75p to £1 ($1.5 to $2).

See if you can find someone that will split a case or order something else with you Bagpuss. That way you could split the postage costs from the US. For me it is usually cheaper to order stuff from the US, even after postage costs. Of course I usually buy a lot of things at once to save on shipping. I also normally choose the surface mail option to save some more money. Minis are light so I have had them shipped by airmail.

Olaf the Stout

Remove ads