How many old players are still out there

I'm old, I've been around since 97' or so.
My Ethera character has been married for 10yrs with Lestat,not a bad little online record. Haha.So that makes me the online sage of marriment? Marriagement? Merriment? ;)

Great to see other old folk here though.

Dontella

First Post
Mmm it's me.. I'm alive an' stuff!

Started with the online AOL crowd.. yep. Althoug back then, I had different characters.

Menolly Amaranth

First Post
I've been RPing since I was really really little. I mean, doll-playing little. 'Course, my dolls always ended up tormented in some fashion or another. There was always the time I wrapped her in electric tape and consider dumping hot wax on her...was just trying to mummify her... *shrug*

It was around 2001 when I got introduced to online gaming, however. A friend of mine's husband was really into it, so I took up the mantle of his character's daughter. Back then...I had no freaking clue what it meant to be half drow, an avatar, and a vampire, all in one. :p I blame him, he was playing what he called a 'dravatar vampire'. Hehe!

I later turned to tabletop gaming--which I still do, and am addicted to, wholeheartedly! Currently, I'm involved in the World of Darkness, which has me more addicted than D&D ever did! :p Could be the dark and twisted demeanor of the game. Anyhow, I finally found my way back to online gaming around 2005-2006-ish. I happened upon a Wizard's chatroom and boldly asked about online RP. They sent me here! So I came here!

Woot!

Babylon Logos

First Post
I still have my Lemarg stowed away someplace . . . *cough.* I'm old, I admit it, *waves her cane.*

I started shortly after the change from AOL, probably six to nine months or so after, I can't remember that far back all too well . . .

reapertain

First Post
Not being One of intermediate age, I was directed to the ISRP on WOTC in the Summer of 2001. Back then, I was only aware of the AD&D (thanks to a local store only supplying 2.5 and nothing higher), to which I learned the 3.0 rules through the website. After being redirected from the message boards to the chatroom for RP purpose, I joined as my first...rather "noobish" character if anyone remeber him...as Tharion13, the novice and depressing sorcerer. Other soon followed, such as the bizarre Draughtoglash, but they were short-lived out of boredom and due to more time consuming activities (sucha s school). I sadly lost contact with ISRP after they were removed from WOTC, and did not find them until nearly a year ago.

*Cue cliche Starwipe*
Now you know.

Remove ads