• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many Sneak attacks?

L0rd_Dark0n

First Post
Ok, time for that age old question again, how many melee sneak attacks can a rogue get in a round? If he and a companion are flanking an enemy, does the rogue get as many sneak attacks per round as said rogue has attacks? For instance, a level 8 rogue gets 2 attacks per round, does that mean that when flanking a target, both attacks are sneak attacks? Let me know if I need to elaborate. Thank you.

Psimancer

First Post
For every attack that meets the requirements, the rogue gets a sneak attack. As the initial attack does not invalidate the flanking, the subsequent attacks are sneak attacks as well. The only time that this is not the case is in the event of a 'volley' attack (manyshot, for example).

Egres

First Post
L0rd_Dark0n said:
Ok, time for that age old question again, how many melee sneak attacks can a rogue get in a round? If he and a companion are flanking an enemy, does the rogue get as many sneak attacks per round as said rogue has attacks? For instance, a level 8 rogue gets 2 attacks per round, does that mean that when flanking a target, both attacks are sneak attacks? Let me know if I need to elaborate. Thank you.
All of your attacks that meet the requisites of a Sneak Attack can be Sneak Attacks.

Any and all attacks made against an opponent that qualify as sneak attacks - i.e., against an opponent denied it's Dex bonus or flanked - are Sneak Attacks.

Fear the dual-wielding, flanking Fighter / Rogue with Haste. :)

Elrik_DarkFury

First Post
But "I" get a ton of sneak attack fancy boy. :D
(i wish these two things could be together-a ton of sneak+hide in plain sight).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads