• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much bonus XP for player logs?

BOAZ

First Post
In order to "encourage" players to create game logs or story hours (although, you gotta be pretty motivated beyond xp for that) how much bonus xp do you hand out?

Siegfried Niemand

First Post
I offer my players 50 XP per character level for a one-page, in-character journal, letter, or the like regarding the week's session. It's enough to be noticed, but not enough to throw the game out of wack. Also, since only one or two take advantage of it, they notice a nice half-level to level bump in their character's power over the group average, which I think works out nicely.

jeffh

Adventurer
None.

They tend to be their own reward (backed with occasional praise and, most importantly, seeing them turn out to be useful in future sessions, which I have yet to see not happen with them).

Odhanan

Adventurer
None. That has nothing to do with the events in-game, and it should be something they do exclusively for pleasure, not for gratification. I don't mix up stuff in the game and outside of the game.

Nelly

First Post
I'd give them something between 50 - 100 XP's just to reward them for the work. It's not all about hack&slay, so they should be rewarded for character play as well as creating a gamer log :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads