• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much bonus XP for player logs?

fusangite

First Post
I guess I'm more of a stick GM than a carrot one. It is very hard to survive my games without taking note. So people do. I tend to run world=story=puzzle games so people are usually prepared to take notes from the word go.

havoclad

Explorer
Lord Mhoram said:
If the pictures were recognizalbe enough to know it was that adventure, sure. And I'd probably give him extra for doing something so much fun in character. ;) Everyone in our group would get a kick and a laugh out of something like that, and probably end up offereng advice on what to draw.

Something like this one perhaps?

http://jcuz.com/gaming/Wiki.jsp?page=EberronJournalGame14

And, yes, he did get bonus XP for that!

theemrys

First Post
I did the 50 xp per char level. This worked well and we got some great in character journals. The big thing for me was it helped speed up the leveling a bit given that our group was rather large (8+ players regularly). Also, it really helped to develop some of the characters as some of them had some great stuff going on in the background (even just motivation wise) but with so many players at the table, it was hard to focus on each character too much without taking away from the others. The journal allowed me to cater to each much better.

Remove ads