• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How often to characters get a full attack in your campaign?

Slaygrim

First Post
My retired Rog/Ftr/Champion of Corellon (7/4/9) fought with two elven thinblades and had 7 attacks/round non hasted. Sometimes it seemed too many and I wasn't sure if we were doing full attack too much.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
This might be about that particular build....

But I know from my own limited experience, the two weapon fighters need those extra attacks just to stay in the game. And they are penalized in various ways, including have relatively less punch when they move around.

For your charecter, he probably is looking to sneak attack...but he can't full attack off the surprise round, and he's got to get into position to flank, and may be a bit of glass cannon and has a hard time just standing there...but these things do depend.

Slaygrim said:
My retired Rog/Ftr/Champion of Corellon (7/4/9) fought with two elven thinblades and had 7 attacks/round non hasted. Sometimes it seemed too many and I wasn't sure if we were doing full attack too much.
How else is a 20th level character going to defeat creatures with hundreds of hit points if not for lots of attacks? If it really slows you down, have him roll all his attacks up front then roll damage. (This assumes there's nothing around to cleave.)

Slaygrim

First Post
jmucchiello said:
How else is a 20th level character going to defeat creatures with hundreds of hit points if not for lots of attacks? If it really slows you down, have him roll all his attacks up front then roll damage. (This assumes there's nothing around to cleave.)

Considering his extremely high dex and his build, he gets something ridiculous like 1d8+19 dmg on the main hand, and slightly less on the second hand. Add his "Wrath of Corellon Larethian" class ability, he gets an extra +2d6 divine damage for up to 6 rounds a day on the main hand. He's insane. Sometimes it just seems like he walks through everything.

Remove ads