• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E How to get advantage as critting great weapon fighter?

PnPgamer

Explorer
The feat only gives you a single superiority die to spend on maneuvers, so you'd only get one maneuver per combat encounter at most. I doubt it's worth blowing an ASI/feat slot for, especially not early on.

Yeah I was thinking taking the lucky feat would be better overall.

pdegan2814

First Post
There are other players correct? Why not collaborate with one of them? Maybe one of them could take the Wolf Totem Barbarian for example...

That'd probably be the most efficient combo, since there's no die roll involved in granting the advantage, the Barbarian just has to be next to the enemy. For the combo to be most effective, I'd suggest the Barbarian take the Sentinel feat so he can keep those monsters from stepping away.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Where are your encounters taking place? Being on a mount with Mounted Combat is the easiest way of getting automatic advantage.

That'd probably be the most efficient combo, since there's no die roll involved in granting the advantage, the Barbarian just has to be next to the enemy. For the combo to be most effective, I'd suggest the Barbarian take the Sentinel feat so he can keep those monsters from stepping away.

There are of course lots of ways to create advantage with some teamwork

- As mentioned, Wolf Totem Barbarian (probably the easiest and most reliable)
- Faerie Fire spell from a support caster
- Grease spell from a support caster
- Tasha's Hideous Laughter from support caster
- OK, the list of spells that grant advantage is too long. There's lots.
- Help action (weaker summoned creatures are quite useful for this)
- Trip attacks from a Battlemaster
- Way of the Hand Monks can knock creatures prone with Flurry of Blows attacks

So even if there are no Barbarian characters in your party, talk to the other players, let them know how advantage can be very effective for your character. A wide variety of classes can grant advantage in a variety of ways.

DMCF

First Post
Sentinel increases AO options which increases attacks and thereby damage. Monsters charge you more than they run away so it is a solid damage increase. Each opportunity has a chance to crit. If you are going to pigeon hole yourself to the most bland and featureless class in 5e be prepared to rely on your group. Champion may be boring but it is a solid monster slayer.

Remove ads