• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How well does ENWorld represent gamers at large?

What percentage of the gamers you know are REGISTERED USERS on Enworld? (RULES BELOW)

• 91 - 100 %

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 81 - 90 %

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • 71 - 80 %

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 61 - 70 %

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • 51 - 60 %

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • 41 - 50 %

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • 31 - 40 %

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • 21 - 30 %

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • 11 - 20 %

Votes: 32 15.0%
  • 0 - 10 %

Votes: 120 56.1%

Wombat

First Post
None of the other people that I have gamed with over the past 5 years have even regularly visited ENWorld, much less paid as supports of the site.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Not counting the gamers I have met because of EN World, the answer is <10%. If I include all the people I have met at EN World Game Days, the number jumps up to somewhere around 50%.

FallenTabris

First Post
I remember having a conversation during a Warmachine league day where people around the room said what boards they visited on the 'net. There were perhaps 20 people around. I think far more went to RPG.net than here. Probally about 50% of the room said they went to boards and most of them said just to read the forums, not post. I also remember one guy asking 'what the hell is wrong with people?' in relation to some threads that dwelled on minutia like 'dragonborn boobs' or 'elves that don't sleep'. They read things avidly but contributed nothing. This leads me to believe messageboards can represent the thoughts of the general gaming public but it seems that the general gaming public is too lazy/frightened/busy to make it`s voice known.

ThirdWizard

First Post
One other person occasionally reads ENWorld, but only the 4e Rules section right now. I've pointed people to ENWorld, but he's the only one who enjoys reading over threads. Heck, my players won't even take the time to read the story hour about their own game!

Obryn

Hero
Just me, both in my current group and through about 15-20 more people I've gamed with in the past 8 years or so. That includes all gaming boards - ENWorld, RPG.net, and so on.

I did not count the NTL/NKL/CM folks I've met up with at Gen Con and elsewhere.

In short - ENWorld is a pretty good community. It is absolutely not any kind of representative sample.

-O

Arnwyn

First Post
0%.

My players (group of 6) don't even know of the existence of ENWorld (nor any other D&D-related gaming sites, really).

EricNoah

Adventurer
A couple are registered but never post, and actually rarely read. One keeps up on the news. They're all very busy people in real life and don't have the luxury of posting/reading at work, or having, say, all summer off.

vazanar

First Post
Just myself for my group (one lurker). Talked to some other groups at the store and I think two of them are members.

Remove ads