• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How would Mind Blank or something hiding your alignment effect Forbiddance?

Super_Troll

First Post
How would Mind Blank or something hiding your alignment effect Forbiddance? Or really anything dependant on your alignment? Could you fool the spell by magically masking your alignment?

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Perhaps I missed it, but I did not think Mind Blank had anything to do with alignment.

Alignment often goes beyond the mental thoughts of the person- good and evil are tangible forces.

SD

Super_Troll

First Post
No, Mind Bland does not deal with alignment. But I wanted to toss that in there because my players will attempt to claim that they are immune to such determinations while using the spell.

Sagan Darkside

First Post
I would say no, it would not fool an alignment detecting spell.

If you want to argue the alignment is in the mind, then the case could be made.

But according to the rules- it does not look like it.

SD

Super_Troll

First Post
What about a spell which mask your alignment. Or ones that make it appear to be something else. Would Forbiddance be fooled by either?

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Super_Troll said:
What about a spell which mask your alignment. Or ones that make it appear to be something else. Would Forbiddance be fooled by either?

I would think it would be fooled by both. I just reread it and nothing leads me to believe otherwise.

Good luck
SD

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads