How's it going? Just checking in!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hey Eric! Happy Holidays!

I joined ENWorld when I was 14, now I am 36 and in my 10th year of teaching 3rd Grade... But still playing RPGs with the same friends from back then. So it's all good.
Awesome to hear! I'm in my 27th year running the library at a 7th and 8th grade middle school. If all goes according to plan, next year will be the end and I'll step into retirement along with Mrs. Noah. There is a LOT I will miss about it, the quality and kindness of my coworkers at the top of the list.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Awesome to hear! I'm in my 27th year running the library at a 7th and 8th grade middle school. If all goes according to plan, next year will be the end and I'll step into retirement along with Mrs. Noah. There is a LOT I will miss about it, the quality and kindness of my coworkers at the top of the list.
I was wondering if you were still a librarian! That's great news!

EricNoah

Adventurer
Gaming wise, I'm kind of out of the hobby these days. I last ran a game in 2010. I was in some campaigns up until just prior to the start of the pandemic (by coincidence), so say late 2019. I found while I enjoyed hanging out with my friends, I wasn't getting a high fun-to-time ratio and decided it was me and not the game, my fellow players or my DM. I am academically interested in what is going on with D&D and I keep in touch a bit via Facebook friendships but that's about it.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Hey, it's the Epic Librarian! Great to hear from you dude!

What do you think about what the little 3E news site you started has become?
My two years are dwarfed by Russ's 20+ years at the helm - it's his ship and his crew and he's done an impressive job here. I was always pleased that the thing I created was able to live and grow and merge with Russ's efforts into something I couldn't have imagined.

I know the feeling. I've drifted from RPG playing (still pick up books too read) just due to time. Doing more tabletop wargaming & mini painting, so I guess I've drifted to D&D's roots ... lends itself better to episodic availability.

Remove ads