HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Salix

First Post
Gremlin returns several hours later, his red hair wet from his second shower of the day. He has what looks to be a satelite radio in his left hand. Pulling the earbud out of his left ear he says to Avatar, "This thing is great! I get all the Cardinal games now. Pujols just had a walk off in extra innings. You like baseball?" The dwarf appears to be much more relaxed following his workout. "So you teach history, huh? What's your area of expertise?" As the dwarf switches channels on his radio, Avatar can hear John Coltrane's distinctive sax work drifting out from the dangling earbud.
OCC: El Jefe: How secret is Avatar's identity. Who would know it?

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
"This thing is great!...You like baseball?"
Avatar nodded, "Well, not so much as when I was a kid, but yeah."
Salix said:
"So you teach history, huh? What's your area of expertise?"
"Antiquities", was the short reply, followed by "I'm part historian, part archeologist. Know a bit about the middle east in general, and about burial customs all over the world"
Salix said:
As the dwarf switches channels on his radio, Avatar can hear John Coltrane's distinctive sax work drifting out from the dangling earbud.
"A jazz afficiando?", thought Avatar. "Guess you never can tell."
Salix said:
OCC: El Jefe: How secret is Avatar's identity. Who would know it?
OoC: Just a couple of very trusted friends around the globe (one in the US, the other in Egypt), a family member or two, and of course, his handlers at the UN.

Salix

First Post
"Ever had young female students write "I love you" on their eyelids.", George says quoting a favorite scene from the movie. "You probably get sick of the comparisons."

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
"Like the movie man, Misiour Jones, no?"
"No, no, no, not that", thought Avatar, "Please let this one have more of a brain than that!" He managed a weak smile, barely visible under his mask.

"No, not too much like that", he insisted. "I mean, if he was real, he'd be old enough to be my great-grandfather. And the hat I usually wear in the field is completely different. And, come on, the Ark of the Covenant? I've never found anything like that." "No, of course not", he thought. "It found me!"

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
"Ever had young female students write "I love you" on their eyelids.",
Avatar started to answer before realizing that he'd gone too far. "No, but you should see some of the text mes--uh, never mind about that."
Salix said:
"You probably get sick of the comparisons."
"Uh, yeah, that's why the low profile", the academic answered. "I mean, I get enough of that without the suit...if word ever got out..." Avatar let that thought trail off into thin air. Hopefully, everyone would get the message...especially Psyren.

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
Avatar started to answer before realizing that he'd gone too far. "No, but you should see some of the text mes--uh, never mind about that." "Uh, yeah, that's why the low profile", the academic answered. "I mean, I get enough of that without the suit...if word ever got out..." Avatar let that thought trail off into thin air. Hopefully, everyone would get the message...especially Psyren.
"Well Professor, I know how tough it is, I often get a lot of Brad Pitt comparisons myself." , the rough featured man says dryly, a twinkle in his eye. "" "I'm out in the public eye myself. This is going to be my job from here on out. I worked around the UN a lot when I worked for NGOs in disaster relief, so hopefully the Resolutes will let me help out with that when I'm not needed here."

Bront

The man with the probe
El Jefe said:
"No, no, no, not that", thought Avatar, "Please let this one have more of a brain than that!" He managed a weak smile, barely visible under his mask.

"No, not too much like that", he insisted. "I mean, if he was real, he'd be old enough to be my great-grandfather. And the hat I usually wear in the field is completely different. And, come on, the Ark of the Covenant? I've never found anything like that." "No, of course not", he thought. "It found me!"
"I mean only in that you teach and explore mon ami," Monique says, "Oviously you are not fiction, no?"

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
"I mean only in that you teach and explore mon ami," Monique says, "Oviously you are not fiction, no?"
"Nice save", thought Avatar. He managed a nervous chuckle. "No, I'm as real as anyone here", he replied. "'Course, uh, I have to admit that a bunch of people standing around in costumes in a secret UN facility is a little unusual."

Avatar decided that if he was ever introduced as a "Real-Life Indiana Jones" on the peas-and-rubber-chicken circuit again, that he'd demonstrate his whip technique on the host. The crowd would love it. Even if the host didn't. 'Course with some hosts, you never knew...

Phoenix8008

First Post
Salix said:
Gremlin returns several hours later, his red hair wet from his second shower of the day. He has what looks to be a satelite radio in his left hand. Pulling the earbud out of his left ear he says to Avatar, "This thing is great! I get all the Cardinal games now. Pujols just had a walk off in extra innings. You like baseball?" The dwarf appears to be much more relaxed following his workout. "So you teach history, huh? What's your area of expertise?" As the dwarf switches channels on his radio, Avatar can hear John Coltrane's distinctive sax work drifting out from the dangling earbud.

"Gremlin, this small item of yours is like the 'teevee' but with sound only? How strange. But why would anyone wish to listen to birds playing games?"

"Avatar, you are a teacher of history? Now I understand your question earlier about my weapon. I suppose my story before must be even stranger to you. Not everyday it is that history steps out of the books to stand before you I would wager."

OOC: Glad to hear we may have a mission coming up soon. I'll keep checking back here more regularly now.

Remove ads