• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Bront

The man with the probe
VioletSamurai said:
With her hands finally free, she reaches down behind her and tugs on something a couple times as she mutters "...supposed to be this tight? Doesn't exactly leave much to the imagination. And would it have killed them to give it pockets..."
"At least they not give you miniskirt and heels, no?" Monique says, while sporting a similarly tight outfit.

VioletSamurai said:
Then she flops down onto the nearest couch, leaning on the arm rest as her head darts back and forth, taking in the room. "Wow. Can't believe I'm really here. I'm a freaking superhero." She takes another swig. "I had a friend who was an EMT, so I think I know how this works. We kick back in this awesome rec-room, soaking up salary and video games, until a call comes in. Then we drop everything and run off to go save the world. Am I close?"
Monique nods, "We get to watch and talk while we wait, but I don't think we likely wait long."

Velmont

First Post
"Wait a second before telling you are a superhero. You'll see, reality can catch back to you quickly and you'll see what it is being in such team. Don't put your expectation too high, or the fall will just be too hard. But that doesn't mean you won't like that experience."

Sergeant take a sip of whiskey.

"By the way, I'm Sergeant Patrick O'Connor. If you like codename, call me Sergeant, but you can call me Patrick. And please, not too much power use here, I'm not a super."

He turns back his paper and reread what he has just writtent before adding a note.

VioletSamurai

First Post
"At least they not give you miniskirt and heels, no?" Monique says, while sporting a similarly tight outfit.

*blink* "Um...yeah...that sounds, well, pretty freaking ridiculous. I'd wear something like that to a party or club, but if they asked me to while saving the world, I'd laugh in their faces. I mean, what is this, 1950? Jeez, at least this thing is warm..."

...I'm Sergeant Patrick O'Connor. If you like codename, call me Sergeant, but you can call me Patrick.

"Hey. I'm Susan." She nods at Echo "You, I think I saw on the news the other day. The FFM riot, right?" And Ms. DeLorme certainly needs no intro - I have to play plenty of her cra-I mean, music, at work. Waitaminute - I had to. Force of habit. I keep forgetting that small detail about never ever having to set foot in that soul-crushing hell-hole ever again...anyway, the rest of you are still strangers to me."

"Hey - we're allowed to drink booze here? I thought we were 'on-call.'"

And please, not too much power use here, I'm not a super."

"If all the Men In White Coats With Clipboards who have been poking and prodding me and making me jump through hoops and fetch and shake hands over the last few months are to be believed, you've got nothing to worry about from me unless you're secretly a robot under there or have a metal hip or something..."

Flux looks Sergeant up and down as electricity crackles and arcs back and forth between her eyes.

"...Nope, you're good. That's a really big gun you've got there, Sarge. Is that a custom job, or is a cannon like that standard-issue for fighting 'super-villains?'"

"Anyway, as it turns out, that light show you saw is just me...how did that go again? 'Instinctively generating the minimum electrical current required to temporarily magnetize a non-ferrous object' - in this case, those aluminum cans."

"The only way I can really hurt you is by throwing a lightning bolt or a bus at you, and that takes some serious effort - it's not the kind of thing I can do accidentally."

"Wait - what? You're not a 'super?' You don't have mutant powers or magic spells or bionic implants or anything else that wasn't-supposed-to-work-but-does? Are you like our government liaison or something? That would explain all that paperwork - please, please tell me there isn't a stack like that waiting for me..."

Velmont

First Post
Sergeant smiles at the last comment of Flux. "That, maybe. Only if you become leader of some squads. I am a full member of the team, and I have one thing that most of you don't have: experience in crime figthing. The bad guys have change a bit in there firepower, but there mind stay the same, and leading a team against them is the same. Just ask Psyren or Paladin, they have seen me in action. Also, not being a mutant can be an edge on many point, and one, it is PR. There are many people that doesn't like super out there. Not being one give me an edge while dealing with them."

Bront

The man with the probe
VioletSamurai said:
"Hey. I'm Susan." She nods at Echo "You, I think I saw on the news the other day. The FFM riot, right?" And Ms. DeLorme certainly needs no intro - I have to play plenty of her cra-I mean, music, at work. Waitaminute - I had to. Force of habit. I keep forgetting that small detail about never ever having to set foot in that soul-crushing hell-hole ever again...anyway, the rest of you are still strangers to me."
Monique chuckles, "Tis all right. Music have different tastes like tea, no?"

VioletSamurai

First Post
Bront said:
Monique chuckles, "Tis all right. Music have different tastes like tea, no?"

"Heh. I'm a coffee fan, personally. Which I guess just illustrates your point."

Flux takes another bite of her pizza. A big one.

"Wow. Didn't realize how hungry I was until I started eating. Those entrance interviews took hours. So, do you actually write your own lyrics or arrange your own music? Do you have any control or input regarding the 'creative process?' And doesn't the phrase 'creative process' sound pretentious?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Monique chuckles, "I do most of my own stuff, except first albumn. Sometimes I have lyrics in mind and get help with beat, sometimes I do piano work myself, and sometimes I work with other, but I have input into my music. It is reflection of me, so I have it no other way. I find it easier to write in english, even as non-native speaker. Maybe my tastes match more english speakers."

"And I just call it writing. Creative process is for business."

Raylis

First Post
Ron Conrad, code name Echo, please come to the Administration Office

Ron stands "Guess they be needin somting, see you all later he says and walks out the door.

OOC: the concept sounded fun, but the execution wasn't as fun as I'd hoped. I'm retiring Echo.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads