• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

VioletSamurai

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Fare thee well, Echo." Paladin says as Ron exits.

Flux guzzles down about half a can of soda, then turns her head towards the guy decked out in plate mail. "So what's your story, Big Guy?" She grins. "Is that sword just for show, or do you know how to use it?"

Velmont

First Post
"Considering teh state of the revenant we met while we were trying to capture Relic, I would tell you to stay away from his blade." answers Sergeant without leaving the report he is writing of this eyes before Paladin can answers.

Bront

The man with the probe
Psyren nods, "Yes, he is good with sword. It was good working with you last time Paladin. How do you do now?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
Paladin nods to both Seargent and Psyren before trying to answer both women's questions...

"Flux, I believe? Aye, I use it well thank thee very much. As for my story, it is ...complicated. To put it most simply, I am the reincarnation of Arthur Pendragon most commonly remembered as King Arthur. And this is Excalibur..." Paladin says with a flourish as he draws his blade and holds it high letting the ringing noise of the blade fills the room. The blade shines and twinkles, catching the light before Paladin resheathes the blade in one smooth motion.

"Forgive me, you shall think me a braggart and a show off with such behavior. I apologize, Lady Flux. And Psyren, it was good working with you as well. I have been fine, though rather bored here since the excitement of our last mission."

VioletSamurai

First Post
Flux raises an eyebrow at Paladin. "Waitaminute...you're claiming to be the King Arthur? Wasn't that a myth? Like a combination of a bunch of different kings or something? Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical here - powers are one thing, but this is the first time I've seen someone claim to be a major mythological figure. And I seem to be the only one in the room who is. Why don't you tell me whatever it is that you told them to get them all to take you at face value like this? Did the Lady of the Lake appear to all of you guys or what?

Phoenix8008

First Post
"The Lady of the Lake has not appeared to any here to my knowledge. Myself included. Though I understand your doubt, I can give you no further proof besides my blade and my memories of times past where I fought against tyranny and evil leading knights both good and just...for a time at least. Though your stories are not entirely accurate, the happiness, and the betrayals, are all too true I'm afraid. How it is that I come to be here in this time I cannot say though. My first memory here was of a bearded old man in a cloak handing me my armor, helmet, and Excalibur while telling me that my battle against evil was not yet done and my time had come again to take up arms in defense of those unable to defend themselves. With that, my memories of that life in the past blossomed and overtook...whatever other memories had been here before." Paladin says with a look of uncertainty in his eyes.

"For that is my fear you see. I am not entirely sure who, or what I am without my armor and weapon. I do not know if I am now and always Arthur Pendragon, or if it is something in these items keeping me here and now within the mind of ...someone else." he finishes with his eyes cast downward at the floor, his hand nervously grasping and releasing the hilt of his blade.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"King Arthur have really existed. He has been a king in Great britain somewhere after teh fall of Roman empire, but did he really done all he was attributed in the legend of the Holy Grail, I always thought it was nothing more than a story... but these day, I start to beleive anything." replies Sergeant.

Salix

First Post
A deep voice bellows: Titan. The door opens to reveal a large shaggy haired blond man in a St. Lois Cardinals jersey. The young man enters. " Hello, everyone. Don't think we've all met before. I'm Titan. My speciality is changing my size. " Within a blink, Titan goes from 6' 4" to 2' to as large as the room will accommodate. After shrinking to his normal size, he says, " I work in Detroit. This is the result of losing a World Series bet with Gremlin". The young man tugs on the jersey with a grimace.

Might look at playing a character again. Thought I'd get one into the barn.

rgordona

Explorer
As the heroes relax in the ready room an average looking man in jeans and a sports jacket enters the room. He comes in through the main door but for some reason the speakerphone which normally announces the appropriate name when someone enters remains silent. The man smiles for a moment and then slowly circulates the room.

He introduces himself as Peter and and speaks quietly to each hero for a few moments, gently sounding them out. He indicatess to any who seem interested and discrete that there might be a more interesting way to pass the time than sitting and waiting for the next natural disaster to come along. To those who want to hear more Peter suggests heading down to conference room 9 in two hours time, with those who seem uninterested Peter makes polite small talk and moves on. He's friendly and engaging, never pushes his point and deftly avoids any hint of confrontation.

OOC: Advert for "Daylight Robbery" - Please be warned if it is not already clear that this will be a somewhat grey op

Velmont

First Post
"In two hours... I should have finish with my papers by then. I'll go to the briefing to see what's need to be done." tells Sergeant, who return to his paper and continue to fill them.

Remove ads