HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Salix

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Pardon me..." Paladin says as he rises to leave and follow Peter to briefing room #9.

Titan raises his eyebrows, "Go get 'em...Arthur" Poor guy thinks he's King Arthur. You'd think a guy would have to take a psych eval to get into this club

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Does he?" a voice speaks from the corner of the room opposite the door, as Sierra appears from...somewhere, seemingly speaking to what Titan thought, even though he didn't say it, "Perhaps he isn't crazy at all...I have seen...stranger things since the comet passed, you know."

Salix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Does he?" a voice speaks from the corner of the room opposite the door, as Sierra appears from...somewhere, seemingly speaking to what Titan thought, even though he didn't say it, "Perhaps he isn't crazy at all...I have seen...stranger things since the comet passed, you know."

Titan scowls at the extremely attractive Sierra, " Keep your mind outta my head, and I'll keep my eyes where they belong."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra smirks.*

"This place is hardly ever fun. I do check up on it every once in a while, though, and he looked like an interesting fellow, that one. I wonder if anything interesting is going on somewhere else--I should check up on the other missions and pop in somewhere..."

(OOC: Feel free to use Sierra's penchant to do that as a hook to add her to an adventure--she can scan the entire world in a round with ESP and Mental Quickness)

Salix

First Post
The intercom system blares, " Gun Monkey, Circe, Report to briefing room Beta "

Once inside, the two heroes see Kyle Wheeler in his wheelchair, a pensive look on his face. The following news report begins to play on the screen behind him.

The news shows a large Dam, illuminated by bright lights amid the dark hills and forest.
“…fate of the seventeen workers inside is still unclear. We have intercepted these broadcasts from inside the dam. We apologize for the poor quality of these transmissions.”
The image of the dam is replaced by a grainy close-up of man’s face, his sunken eyes burning into the camera.
“…unworthy of my genius, unworthy of my gifts.” >brzzt< “You would just as soon forget me, smother me in your mediocrity…” >brzzt< “…merely insects, all of you, and this is all you deserve. You will long remember this day, and with it the name of Dr…” >brzzzzzzt<
The broadcast ends in a jagged line of static.
“To recap, the criminal mastermind known as Dr Null has taken control of the Conowingo Dam. Police have cordoned off the area but are waiting for reinforcements before moving in. No demands have been made so far, and there is concern that a show of force could end the uneasy stand-off and spur Null to destroy the dam, flooding a considerable portion of the greater metropolitan area and threatening to destroy the community of …”

Wheeler sighs, "Null is back. I want you", he says pointing at Circe,"to teleport yourself and Gun Monkey to Conowingo Dam. At least one of our analysts thinks this guy is trying to poison Baltimore's water supply. A team of three will be arriving there about the same time you will. It's composed of Aquaphibian, Ghost, and Twilight Gryphon. Aquaphibian is leading the team. You are to report to him. Watch yourselves, this guy is a major league nutcase. Go get him this time Gun Monkey" Wheeler waves his on good hand, indicating Circe should do her thing and get to the dam.

OOC: I'll bring these guys in when I make my first post tomorrow.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Before she goes, Circe does a full sweep of the continent, taking 20. This takes less than a round and reveals anything findable by a Search of DC 40ish IIRC. Also, I'm going to have her do a cameo in Ionian Dreams, but I was waiting for other players, since there aren't any...)

"Yeah, about that--one sec..."

*Sierra disappears and reappears a few seconds later.*

"Alright, now is good."

Salix

First Post
Titan waits patiently, watching the Big Lebowski on one of the monitors. It is obvious he has seen it numerous times, because he is saying a lot of the lines with the characters.

At one point he roars with glee, "You're out of your FXXXing depth, Donny!"

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Dr Archeville suddenly appears with an audible *POP*, and looks around the room. "It vorked! he says with a smile.

"Oh, hello, Titan! I'm almost done mit zhose gauntlets you requested. Zhe auto-fabber is putting on a final coat of paint now.

Salix

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
Dr Archeville suddenly appears with an audible *POP*, and looks around the room. "It vorked! he says with a smile.

"Oh, hello, Titan! I'm almost done mit zhose gauntlets you requested. Zhe auto-fabber is putting on a final coat of paint now.

"Thanks Doc!", Titan replies, "I'm hoping they can help me out of a few jams. Can't wait to test them out." He picks up the remote and turns of the monitor.

The door opens and the gauntlets are carried in by one of the technicians. They extend a few inches past the wrist and cover the first knuckle of his hands, leaving his fingers free. They are painted in the same blue as Titans uniform. He smiles at seeing the word Finnish word for guts and determination,Sisu, engraved across the knuckles.

Titan puts them on, "How do they work,Doc"

"Zhe gauntlets work off zhe wearer's own bioelectrical field, storing zhe excess energy so zhat your touch becomes like a cattle prod."
"You mean, like a taser?"
"No, I mean like a cattle prod -- tasers are a ranged weapon. Not to say zhese gauntlets do not haff a ranged component -- zhe stored energy can also be emitted as an electrical blast, zhough it is more dispersed und so vill fry a foe razher zhan stun him."
"Gotcha. And this blue button?"
"Ah, yes, my personal favorite part of it: a force field generator. Again, it uses your body's own bioelectrical energy, to create a field of densely-packed energy zhat can absorb the impact of most blows. It can disperse energy beam fire, melt bullets before zhey hit you, und so on."
"Neat!"
"Ja, 'neat,' zhough zhere is one downside. See, since it's powered by zhe wearer's own bioelectric field, und since your own bioelectric field is not zhat much more intense zhan zhat of a normal person, it can only provide so much protection before needing to shut down und 'recharge,' by absorbing more of your body's own bioelectricity."

The big youth frowns slightly, then perks up, "Guess I'll have to do a better job of dodging while it's down then. Thanks again, Doc."

OOC: Notice we're both using blue. I can switch out if need be once we get in the mission.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra reappears in the lounge suddenly, wearing the latest stylish California fashion, with a martini in her hand.*

"Ah, Titan--do they actually have something for us to do yet? I'm afraid I'm getting bored, and you must be as well after they cancelled our mission at the Convention."

*She looks at the screen.*

"Hey, would you prefer to watch something else? You've been watching that same movie every time I've seen you here."

Remove ads