• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Humans get what?

breschau

First Post
According to KotS, humans get an extra at-will, an extra feat, and an extra trained skill.

That's a bit much considering they also get +1 to all their non-AC defenses, and a bonus to two abilities.

Damn.

Anyone else think that's a bit out of whack?

Scholar & Brutalman said:
I thought they got a bonus to one ability, while all the other races got two?

Yep.

Plus, the other racial abilities are cool.

I'm playing a human right now, and it's a solid choice, but it's far from a no-brainer.

Rechan

Adventurer
Mouseferatu said:
Yep.

Plus, the other racial abilities are cool.

I'm playing a human right now, and it's a solid choice, but it's far from a no-brainer.
Can you tell us what race is cool? You don't have to tell us WHY. Just... which one is COOL? :)

Rechan said:
Can you tell us what race is cool? You don't have to tell us WHY. Just... which one is COOL? :)

Hmm...

Honestly? I'm a fan of every race I've seen in play so far. I know that sounds like a cop-out, but they've all gut really nifty stuff.

I'm particularly taken with elves and eladrin (and this from a guy who spent most of 3E burned out on elves), but even that may change as I see the others in action.

But I'm not exaggerating when I say I'd really like to try out all of them. :)

Blackeagle

First Post
breschau said:
Anyone else think that's a bit out of whack?

Compared to what? All the other races seem to have a pretty kick-ass set of racial abilities too. Dragonborn get a +1 attach when bloodied, add their Con modifier to their healing surge, some skill bonuses, and they can breathe fire (or acid or cold or lightning or poison). Eladrin are hard to charm, get a will bonus, get a free trained skill, and have a short range teleport. If any races are out of wack it seems like it's going to be these two.

I don't think they are though. Basically all 4e races seem to be equivalent to at least an LA 1 race in 3e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads