• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Humor: What happened during the podcast?

Dedekind

Explorer
So, Mike Mearls got called into a meeting in the middle of the latest WotC podcast and was absent for the second half. I see this as a perfect opportunity to wildly speculate about the cause, hopefully with humorous effect.

My guess? It wasn't a meeting at all. The new sculpts for the minis came out, and he really wanted to check them out. :p

Other ideas? Be nice, please...

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
*RING!*

"Hello?"

"Yeah, Mike, this is Bob in Accounting. Hey, we have an opening in our game. Sally from shipping just quit, so we got room for you now. Yeah, hurry up man. We're playing Shadowrun!"

Mike looks around the room, hoping nobody heard that.

"Uh...got an emergency meeting to go to. Uh....bye!"

Mike runs out of the room.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
*RING!*

"Hello?"

"Yeah, Mike, you better get up here pretty quickly. The printer goofed up our last order. The latest shipment of Red Boxes...well, they used the Gamma World colors. It's now the Green Box."

Mike's eyes turn green, even as he bulks out into a green, ogre-like monstrosity.

"Mike smash!"

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
*RING!*

"Mearls. Talk to me."

"Yeah, Mike, we need you in Conference Room B, stat! Chris Perkins booked his own guests for a celebrity D&D game."

"But I told him to run all guests by me first."

"Yeah, but you know Chris. DM to the stars. As in, all of them. Doesn't matter if they're a hit anymore or not. Oh dear god, I think I just saw Tina Yothers and Billy Ray Cyrus. And is that the entire cast of Glee?"

Mike runs out of the room.

Dedekind

Explorer
*Mike's AC/DC ringtone goes off*

"This is Mike."

"Mike, there is a guy from Hasbro in my office. He wants to know why the box has to be red."

<Edited for the children>

"I'll be right there."

Ainamacar

Adventurer
"Citizen, only communists could know enough about red boxes to ruin them. Please report to plasma facility B-1368B-4 for mandatory child-safe jumpsuit cleaning."

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
*RING!*

" 'lo? "

"Mike, it's Erik. Yeah, that Erik. I got a message for ya."

"And what message might that be?"

"You're going down."

"I'm going down?"

"You're going down!"

"I'm not going down; you're going down!"

"You're going down like Charlie Brown."

"If anything, Erik, I'm down like James Brown."

The conversation goes on from there out into the hall.

Markn

First Post
Mike uses his BB to send an IM to someone in the office stating he needs to pee but he can't leave so someone should come into the room and claim that he is needed for a meeting.

Then he can go pee.

Last edited:

Remove ads