• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hunted: Enemies of the Empire

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As Bata said, the space docks are not far away. You arrive within a few minutes of hurried running. Luckily, your group was not stopped, but as you approach the bay where Bata's ship is kept, you find a detachment of the city watch has already been put on watch at the ship. It is a small detachment, but chances are more are on the way.

We've been made! Bata expresses with great sorrow in his voice, We have to find a way on that ship and quickly. If we do not, there will be reinforcements eventually and boarding will be impossible.

OOC: The police do not seem to have noticed you as yet. The boarding hatches are presently open. The grey patches are stacks of equipment or crates that affect the area as if it were difficult terrain. Also, if anyone has any recommendations on how to reduce the size of the image without reducing the clarity so that I can post the image on the page, I am open to suggestions.

Attachments

• space docks.JPG
    space docks.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 61

RisingPhoenix

First Post
Jinta pulls out the schematics that Bata had handed her earlier, frowning softly. "So long as there are no more police on the other side of the transport, our best bet is the port-side." She paused to eye the droid unit, praying it knew how to be quiet enough to sneak over that way

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi); HP 30/30 (12) [-1]

"Perhaps we can have someone go down there..." the Itorian points just down the road a bit (about T-7) and continues "...to get their attention while the rest move down there..." and points to another down the road (about C-26) "and once the guards are distracted everyone can make a break for the ship. Once everyone is on the ship and are getting it started for take off they can lay cover fire for the 'distractor' while he gets himself on board?"

[OOC: Trangle will take a moment to Search his feelings for attempting this little plan, and will also take a few moments (2) to recover.]

Last edited:

FreeXenon

[OOC: The black stuff is most likely walls/barriers with the grey stuff being crates and equipment and stuff.]

Einan

First Post
Hx-33 whirrs for a moment. "This unit is qualified to create a distraction. This unit is specially trained in the art of deception and subversion." Without waiting for an answer, HX-33 will move stealthily down the column until he reaches the 27th square. He will then move (loudly) toward E-27, singing the raunchiest song he possibly can and walking erratically.

Stealth: 1d20+7=17
Deception: 1d20-2=5

Einan

FreeXenon

Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi); HP 30/30 (12)

Trangle appears completely confused by the droid's contrary actions (to what he suggested), but after a few moments it dawns on him what the droid is attempting to do. He smiles as only an Ithorian can and gestures for everyone to work there way quickly along the wall towards square Z-6 where they can bolt for the ship via the port boarding hatch once the guards are sufficiently distracted, and then hopefully provide cover fire for the droid to board the ship.

While they move he pulls out his light saber, just in case trouble shows itself.

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
HX-33 momentarily distracts the police, who point in his direction as one of them shouts, Hey! That's the droid we're supposed to look out for! You there, you're under arrest. Two of the police men move to approach the droid while the third continues to stand watch over the Crossbow, though he is clearly distracted by HX-33's risque behavior. Meanwhile, the rest of the group sneaks down the opposing corridor and into the port hatch unnoticed, HX-33's diversion providing the perfect cover. As they do, the police men take position between the droid and the ship and once again order him to surrender, This is your last warning droid. Place your weapon on the ground and surrender yourself or we will resort to force. HX-33 continues his merry jig as the remainder of your group takes position to lay down cover fire.

OOC: I use black to indicate impassable terrain, walls or otherwise. Grey will usually represent moveable objects or debris; I will specify when necessary. Any other color will usually represent creatures, who will be tagged.

Your group is now in position. Those aboard the Crossbow have surprise and can supply cover fire if they wish by making attack rolls vs. Reflex Defense 10 to aid HX-33's AC (granting a +2 to his Reflex defense for each successful attack). One of you will have to move to the cockpit to pilot the vessel however and one of you will have to operate the bay doors. Bata is willing to help with the bay doors or providing cover fire as you indicate, but he is not a very good pilot, his racial heritage notwithstanding. You have about one round to formulate a plan so I will give everyone on the ship one post to indicate their surprise round (no editing; I will judge an edit to be a sign of hesitation and missed opportunity to act in the surprise round). Roll initiative with your post.

Attachments

• space docks 2.JPG
    space docks 2.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 57

Max

First Post
Nyub shakes his head in admiration of the droid's excellent distraction. Sneaking is always easier when the opponent isn't actually looking at you....

Boarding the ship, Nyub quickly asks his new companions, "I'm a bit of a pilot. Anyone else think they can fly this thing?" he asks. (As neither Jinta or Trangle has pilot as a trained skill, I assume the both say no). "Right, then. I'll get this ship fired up and ready to fly while you three get the doors open and give the droid some cover fire."

Nyub will head to the cockpit and get ready to fire up the ship's engines and shields. He will offer his blaster rifle to Trangle if the Jedi wants to use it to provide cover fire. Nyub will wait for the blaster shots to start and then start up the engines.

ooc: I'm on the road and don't have my Saga book with me to know exactly how long it takes to start the engines.

Edit: forgot to roll initiative Nyub initiative (1d20+3=4) And what a great roll....

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads