• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hunted: Enemies of the Empire

Einan

First Post
HX-33 Initiative: 1d20+7=18

HX-33 will raise its hands, look at the cops and say "Warning! Warning! This unit is malfunctioning due to core meltdown! This unit will self-destruct in T-minus 20 seconds and counting! 20...19...18..."
Deception: 1d20-2=12

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi); HP 30/30 (12)

Trangle shrugs in response to to Nyub's question about piloting and gladly accepts his rifle. Knowing full well that he is not likely to hit anyone with such a conventional weapon, but he figures the the extra random blasts will be helpful in allowing the brave droid to escape.

The Ithorian says quietly to Bata "Get ready to raise the port boarding hatch upon hearing the ensuing fire fight and then starboard as soon as HX-33 is on board.". Once Bata is getting ready he preps himself to provide cover fire as best he can and awaits for everyone else to get into position and signal they are ready, then he willl begin firing with everyone else.

[OOC: Initiative for combat at the Crossbow (1d20+6=22)
Aiding HX-33's Defense for escape (1d20+2-5 =9 ) (I added -5 for non-proficiency afterwards.) So close! :( ]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Surprise Round
28 Jinta
22 Trangle
19 Bata
4 Nyub

Jinta and Trangle quickly move to provide cover fire while Bata closes the port side doors. Nyub scurries down the ships decks and seats himself in the cockpit. The police are caught off-guard by the fire from the ship and try to take cover as best they can.

Normal Round
28 Jinta
22 Trangle
19 Bata
18 HX-33
15 Police
4 Nyub

As Jinta and Trangle continue to lay down suppressing fire on the police, Bata readies to close the doors. HX-33 raises its hands, look at the cops and say "Warning! Warning! This unit is malfunctioning due to core meltdown! This unit will self-destruct in T-minus 20 seconds and counting! 20...19...18..." However the police are not fooled, It's a trick! one of them shouts, the droid was trying to distract us. Set blasters on stun and blast 'em! Jinta manages to keep one of the policemen preoccupied quite handily with a couple blasts from his pistol. Meanwhile Trangle continues to fumble with Bata's blaster, his shots flying off in errant directions. The police move to defensive positions behind the equipment and squat to return fire towards the ship while the one standing watch over the aft moves to join the fray. The equipment provides cover to those inside the ship, but the policeman moving up to the edge of the bay doors makes a crack shot at Trangle and nails him square in the chest (17 nonlethal damage). While the firefight progresses outside, Nyub prepares the Crossbow for takeoff. The ship's engines begin to hum and the smell of burning fuel fills the air.

Attachments

• space docks 3.JPG
    space docks 3.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 58

FreeXenon

22 - Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi); HP 21/30 (12) -1

Trangle staggers from the wave of stunning energy, wishing that his mentor would have had him concentrate on combat training instead of the stealth Force techniques. He struggles to regain his composure and tries to point the weapon towards the police, again, to give HX-33 cover for his escape. His shot was much better this time with the stunning shot forcing a surge of adrenaline helping his aim.

[OOC: Aid HX-33's AC by providing cover fire vs Police at Crossbow (1d20-3 -1 =16)
(I added a -1 afterward for being at -1 on the Condition track, right?) Damage over threshold moves us down the track?)
]

Last edited:

Max

First Post
After dashing to the pilot's console (thanks to immortal Sullos that this YT-1300's controls were standard!) Nyub seats himself and quickly glances at the controls.

"Sure glad I kept pestering that Duros pilot when I left home about how to fly these things...." he says with a smile. He begins to fire up the engines, while listening to the combat at the loading ramp. If things go quiet before he gets the word that the droid is on board....

OOC: I'm way out of initiative order, I know, but I think we all knew what Nyub was doing this round.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: I presume Jinta continues to hamper the police so that HX-33 can get aboard. Also, FreeXenon, I made a mistake with the stun damage; SE apparently doesn't use nonlethal damage like I thought. Reduce the damage Trangle took by half, but he is still -1 on the condition track because damage before halving was over his DT. FFR, any attack that deals damage equal to your DT moves you -1 on the condition track.

Jinta and Trangle continue to lay down suppressing fire, helping to pin two of the policemen, but it seems as if the police are now more concerned about those on board the Crossbow. Seeing an opportune moment, HX-33 dashes up to the ship. Quick! Blast the droid! one of the police shouts. They all set their blasters to full power and take aim at the vaulting droid. One shot misses its mark and glances off the armored plating of the Crossbow. A second flies right by HX-33's head and into the rigging of the docking bay. However a third scores a direct hit, penetrating all the way to the droid's heuristic processor and overloading primary systems. A fireburst erupts from HX-33's blown circuit board and it collapses motionless onto the deck of the Crossbow. Bata looks a bit stunned by his bodyguard's destruction, but quickly snaps out of it and works the controls for the bay doors, shutting them tight. Nyub fires up the engines and lifts off from the hanger, rocketing the Crossbow out of Cloud City and into the air.

HX-33 dodges two shots, but is hit by a critical hit on the third for 25 damage. This results in its destruction. Sorry, Einan. :( You can create a new character following the standard character creation rules in the OOC thread and I will find a way to introduce the character shortly.

Everyone else earns 90 XP for escaping the police. You are free from Cloud City, for now.

FreeXenon

Trangle (Male Ithorian Jedi); HP 21/30 (12) -1

Trangle looks at the smoking heap that was the brave droid, HX-33, and then looks to Bata. "You picked well. The droid died with honor fulfilling his duty." He pats Bata on the shoulder.

"We should make sure the ship is clear of hazards and then get acquainted with her." He pauses for a moment and then makes his way to check out the rest of the ship.

[OOC: I Search My Feelings for the trip off planet.]

Max

First Post
As he flies the ship away at top speed, unaware of what happened to the valiant droid, Nyub calls out, "Everyone on board ok? I need Bata up here now. I can fly this thing, but I don't know where we're going. You can bet those cops are on the comm to their defense forces right now, calling for some fighters to come smoke our butts. We need to jump out of here real soon!"

Remove ads