I... actually met a girl!

Aaron L

Hero
Well, Im kind of taking a cue from her, she refers to herself as a girl, so Im just going with what she says.

No disrespect or condescension intended. Some people like to keep themselves young, I guess :)

Treebore

First Post
Congrats on the date!

I had a Pharmacy very similiar to yours for over 5 years. I think the trick is to take them when the pain can't be dealt with. When you start taking them because you just don't want to deal with the pain is when you have to worry about the addiction.

Simply: take it when it hurts like h***, don't take them when you just don't want to hurt.

Like I said, 5+ years. I haven't taken such drugs for 7 years now. The ones I take now are much milder and I'm usually able to go weeks without takng them, because it hurts so much, not because I don't want to hurt. I hurt everyday, all day, but I can deal with it, most of the time, without drugs. I think that is the key between "good use" and addiction.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Aaron, congrats, and Rel's advice seems to apply here:

1) Have fun, and
2) Don't care (or the ladies corollary: "don't become emotionally invested on the first date.")

1) If what you are out doing on the date is fun for you (and her of course), it'll show unconsciously in your actions and mannerisms. Whether the date pans out or not, you're still having fun.

2) Not caring means try to ease up on "what the future holds" and "what the date means", etc. and enjoy the time out for what it is - time out with a close friend. If it develops into more, then great, and if not, then you don't get stressed about it. And it usually subconscious ALSO shows up in your mannerisms and such for the date.

I Hope you have a good time and enjoy yourself!

Aaron L

Hero
Thanks guys :)

Im definately going to have fun, were going to see the Illusioniist. And so far we seem to get along great together, such that she seems like someone Id want to be friends with if she were a guy. Shes on the same intelligence level as me, she has a similar sense of humor, and we have the same politics and like to talk about them, so we will have something to talk about :)

Plus we have several mutual best friends, and they are all kind of silently rooting for this to work, I guess. I know theyve been telling her all about me, and she seems to liek what she hears.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Watch out for them thar womenfolk....

Dangerous animals they are...

'afore I knew it one captured me and look what happened....

Thar be children!

Two of 'em!

My wallet's turned into a black hole and now I'm required to read Dr. Seuss on a daily basis...

Remove ads