I... actually met a girl!

Mycanid

First Post
DaveMage said:
Watch out for them thar womenfolk....

Dangerous animals they are...

'afore I knew it one captured me and look what happened....

Thar be children!

Two of 'em!

My wallet's turned into a black hole and now I'm required to read Dr. Seuss on a daily basis...

Well ... maybe Aaron actually WANTS children eh? My younger brother is that way ... and I am DYING to be a nice uncle who will spoil his nephews and nieces rotten! :]

No kids myself. I am not married. Do not plan to get married. And do not plan to have kids. Ever. Long story. But I love children and am more than willing to spoil other people's kids! I'm practicing to be a "grandpa type" for many years now.

But, to be fair, I have already warned both my brothers. :lol:

Aaron L

Hero
I'd be more than happy to have children :) Im already practically the father figure to my 2 and a half year old niece. I just dont know if it wuld be responsible of me to pass on my Tourette Syndrome, ADHD, and Degenerative Disk Disorder riddled genes to offspring.

I just got done talking to her again, and I just found out she is an amateur fashion model. Her 3rd shoot is not too far off.

Wow....

I just hope the universe isnt setting me up for a big fall.

Mycanid

First Post
Cheer up Aaron. Just a little bit at a time. Nice and slow. :)

And if you feel really bad about being irresponsible about passing on any physical problems you might have there is always the possibility of adoption. Either way the questions require some thought and self examination! BUT it is wonderful that you are more than willing to be a father! We need more children raised by parents who deliberately wanted them and werenot just an "accident" or what not.

I have known some people (actually one of them is a friend I have known since nursury school!) who were regarded as an unexpected accident and whose birth was the cause of the husband leaving the wife b/c he did not want children. A sad story. Kids feel that very deeply - heck, anybody at any age would!

I am very happy for you though!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Aaron L said:

well, that's entirely dependent on what you make of it. if this is just a date, then that's all it is.

if she has said to you, "hey, if this date goes well, i'll be with you forever. if it goes poorly, i'll do my best to ruin your life and break your heart" then obviously it's more than just a date. ;) (in fact, if she actually did say any of that, i'd be more than a little concerned.)

baby steps, aaron. if you keep things in perspective, one bad date isn't going to ruin your life or break your heart.

ssampier

First Post
DaveMage said:
Watch out for them thar womenfolk....

Dangerous animals they are...

'afore I knew it one captured me and look what happened....

Thar be children!

Two of 'em!

My wallet's turned into a black hole and now I'm required to read Dr. Seuss on a daily basis...

That sounds more like pirate talk than Dr. Seuss.

Hmmm, Dr Seuss Pirate....

grimwell

First Post
Aaron L said:
I just got done talking to her again, and I just found out she is an amateur fashion model. Her 3rd shoot is not too far off.

Wow....

Here is your worst case scenario. You go out on this date with her, things don't go great, and that is the last time you ever see her again outside of MySpace.

Even with that worst case scenario there is a huge bright side. I don't know many guys who can say they had even one date with a model who is doing photo shoots... so you get a good story either way.

"Did I ever tell you about the date I had with a model?"
"No way man! What happened?"
"I got nervous and dumped a soda in her lap, that pretty much ended the date!"
"Hahahaha! Cool. Was she hot?"
"Dude, she was a MODEL! Hello?"

Ya'll may not talk that way in your parts, but you get the point.

Arravis

First Post
I dated a model in my youthful days and I look somewhere between an overweight Kramer and sasquatch. She was very insecure and self-conscious, I like someone more comfortable in their own skin. Anyway, not that she has any of those issues of course, just bringing up that models do date quite a variety of guys :).

Remove ads